This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing the point, once again.

I sell TV parts online. All of my parts are tested to work. All, of course, except for the as is parts.

The as is parts I have listed under the "for parts not working" condition with the disclaimer "as is" in the item title and the phrase (thereabouts) "as is parts are untested, sold at a discount and are nonreturnable as we assume they don't work" plastered all over the listings.

Shockingly, 99% of the people that buy them get it. They either buy for core or they figure for the price, the gamble is worth it. I've only had one negative feedback from a guy who wasn't happy about his non-working part not working.

Which brings me to the twit this morning:

"I'll buy this board from you if you warranty it. I don't buy without a warranty."

There are a few things about this that are funny. Most notably, him wanting a warranty on a part that I say will not work fairly bluntly. The other one is that I have another board that's tested and working, but it's priced accordingly. So, not only his this guy an idiot, he's effing cheap. I'm not selling dollar-menu cheeseburgers, buddy!
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

"I did warranty it. I warrant that it is not guaranteed to work. where's my money?"

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
      ..I'm not selling dollar-menu cheeseburgers, buddy!
      "I can haz warranty?"
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Oh this one's easy. Determine the difference between the 'as is' part price and the one that works. Respond: Sure! However, I rigorously check things in order to warranty it, and that will add a fee of 'X' to the price. Still want it?

Then if the moron agrees, just sell him the one that works.

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
          "I'll buy this board from you if you warranty it. I don't buy without a warranty."
          I'm sorry, am I the only one who started thinking about Tommy Boy?

Comment

Oh come on...you have to send this guy a response..."I hereby certify and warranty that this part does not work. If for any reason this part is found to be working it is in no way our fault and we can not be held liable for any damages caused by the part working."
            You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth Caractacus_Potts View Post
              Oh come on...you have to send this guy a response..."I hereby certify and warranty that this part does not work. If for any reason this part is found to be working it is in no way our fault and we can not be held liable for any damages caused by the part working."
              I wanted to put something snarky like that in the listings, but I was overruled. :P
              "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Working...
              X