This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AUGH!

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND this person at all. Literally or metaphorically. She is such a poor communicator that I almost never have any idea what she's getting at, and I also do not have a clue how she can possibly be doing what she's doing, it makes no sense at all.

She was a repeat customer, and I've already had to re-make a previous project for her, because it wasn't quite perfect. But honestly the problem was something that had been problematic on all such projects for ages, and I'd just figured out how to fix it, so I was happy to oblige.

This time around she wanted some "neko" ears. Not like cat ears, like neko ears. Well, here's news to you, girl, "neko" means cat. So neko ears ARE cat ears. So telling me that you want neko ears and not cat ears is nonsensical, and not at all helpful.

She sent me some images. They were all different anime characters, different colors, different ear poses and shapes. One of them I'm pretty sure was even a wolf, not a cat. *sigh* NOT HELPFUL

After 18 e-mails I finally managed to understand that what she wanted was ears that pointed down, like sad cat ears, and not perked upright ones. (Several of the reference pictures she sent me had perked ears, so I think she is at least slightly INSANE, but fine, okay, I've said "you mean like this" and she's said "Yes! Like that!" So we're good.)

I make the ears. I send her a photo of the ears. She said great, ship them to X address.

So I ship them.

That was five weeks ago. More than a month. Past the 30 day free trial. (Not that I offer one, but you know.) Today she says she doesn't like them! What doesn't she like? Well... she sent me MORE reference pictures of MORE totally different anime characters, along with the nonsensical direction to "leave a tad disposition so the viewer see a bit of pink." Disposition. So you can see the pink. YOU CAN SEE THE PINK ALREADY, AUGH!!!!!!!!!!! The ear inside is pink, and you can see it, and WTF I do not even know, GAH.

Now if I hadn't sent her the photo I MIGHT try and work out what the hell she means, and probably would eventually arrive at it, but NO. NO, no, no, no, no, no, no. The photo was sent to avoid this issue. I sent it. She saw it. She had her chance to decide she didn't like it. The chance is past, gone, lost, over with, ended. No more chances.

I told her that she can send them back for a refund, or she can keep them as is, and those are her options, the end.

I'll probably lose her as a customer, but if I have to make everything I make for her twice, after hours of trying to fight my way through impenetrable conversations, they're not exactly the most cost-effective projects on the planet anyway, so feh.

Edit: Her response to my "these are your options" ultimatum email - "Actually my date says they're hot. Sorry!"

Last edited by spark; 05-09-2011, 01:31 AM.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

yee gawds thats frustrating. waay past had her chance to say no when you sent ref pics

its going to have to go to more cost and time effective due to her lack of communication skills...and i wonder what her reaction would be if you really did say "dear i'm not psychic you need to give me MOAH DETAILE!" heh

Comment

YAY! I do so love people who pan your work only to tell you later that someone complimented it, so they like no. You really must appreciate such wonderful customers, who make your life and your work so easy.

I do love sarcasm.

But yeah, that's crazy. I had a friend working on a dress for a girl. I forget what the detail that needed "correcting" but her reference photos were all over the board. Finally my friend figures out what the customer is asking for and begins to overhaul the dress. Three days later, after almost completing the remade dress, she gets a call from the customer saying her boyfriend saw a picture of the original dress and likes that one best. So she will just take the original dress unedited.

The dress maniquin she was working on now has many scissor holes stabbed in it. I never did get the courage to ask what she did with the dress.
      Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
      Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

holy crud, hinakiba, yeah i probably would have done the same thing.
        I don't get it, why give out across the board reference pics without explaining detail and expect the creator of masterpiece to figure it out if all are random? seriously!?

sorry if first post sounded sarcastic. didn't mean it to.
        Spark is still awesome, and her patience is much note worthy..or rather her restraint is note worthy

Comment

What an idiot. I'm sorry, "neko" was one of the first words I learned. I knew it meant cat. The fact the girl wanted "neko" ears, not cat eats, wtf?

Comment

Spark, how do you keep going on like this? I think we all take good customers for granted, but I always hear about these whiney a-holes and it makes me think that those are the majority of customers you have. I don't know how I could deal with your customers without losing it constantly.

Comment

Nah, these are very much in the minority. I just have to come here and complain about every single one of 'em.
              The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

But this jerkoff figured that because I already had the fabric in my collection that he didn't have to 1) pay for the fabric, or 2) pay for my time!
                So he pretty much wanted it for free? Because what else is there left to pay for?
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Asshole tax, f'course.
                  Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

One thing about SCA or other, similar social groups is that you can totally use the group dynamic to shame them into coughing up the dough.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X