This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screaming Customer

Yesterday, when I was helping a customer with something that neither of us ended up finding, I saw a customer screaming at her son over something he wanted and she didn't want him to have. Later this same customer came to the checkout lanes with her son and daughters and she screamed at one of them for loosing something.

I wasn't in a register at the time so I wasn't the one ringing her up. I haven't seen this customer scream at the employees, though, just her children.

My coworker at the service desk told me this customer does this whenever she comes in with her children. Yesterday was the worst I've seen this customer act towards her children.

Personally, I think the store manager should be informed. If anyone has any other ideas, preferably peaceful ones, I'm interested in hearing them.
    Last edited by purplecat41877; 02-04-2007, 06:10 AM.
    My Fanfic Page
    My Fiction Page
    My Social Group
    My Pet Social Group
    My You Tube Channel

In all honesty I don't think there is anything you can do. Unless she is demeaning them or physically abusing them.

If you are concerened however, I would call child services and ask them their opinion on it (Do it Anonymously, don't mention you work there). If they think something should be done get the tag number from their car and report her using that to Child Services.

Also, involving the manager may be a double edged sword. He/she may agree with you, but the more likely response will be "it's not your problem don't get involved"

Comment

How some parents speak to their children at my register sends chills down my spine. I have felt terrible for these kids. All I can think of when I'm an unwilling witness to these things is how I'm going to give my son a big hug when I get home and tell him how much I love him.

I wish there were something we could do but speaking badly/screaming toward your child in front of a cashier isn't a crime. There's also the issue of their word against mine and possibly making things worse for the child after they leave the store
      "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
      George Carlin

Comment

I agree there isn't much you can do being that she hasn't shown any signs that she may infact abuse them...I defiently would not call her on it because this would be bad very very bad..If she talks to her children that way just imagine what she would say to you! I hate this type of stuation because there are very few options I do recommend noting these occurences and if they do increase to a level of concern Notify the proper authorities.

Comment

Ever think that she might have kids that turn into asshats upon entrance into the store? I know that mine have pulled that stunt on more than one occasion. But by all means, butt in, I've gotten more than one person in a shitload of trouble for putting their nose where it didn't belong. I would urge you to take a step back and study this a bit more before you just make it worse, more than likely for someone who really didn't deserve it. Every parent has a right and responsibility to discipline and correct their children's behavior, some methods work better than others with different kids.

First you guys bitch about parents that don't do anything to keep their kids in line, then you bitch about people that do. Pick one. This doesn't sound near anything close to abuse to me, even if she's using the evil-death voice.

Kids getting chewed out is one thing, kids with black eyes, casts, dirty clothes and bodies is another.
          ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
          X