This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl XLI - The Day After

I'm looking for anyone that has a good story to tell about today. I've talked to a couple of people I know who said that last week they had a heavy amount of orders at places like Best Buy and Circuit City. These orders were for big screen and big, flat screen TV's. Many are very certain that today will be the beginning of returns on these items, now that they have had their Super Bowl party.

Anyone care to share a story or two on this one?

We used to have that happen at my store. People would buy big-screen TVs and return them after the Super Bowl, claiming that the tv "didn't fit their entertainment center" or some other reason.

Right...then why did it take you almost a week to figure this out?

But what can you do if the customer has their reciept? We don't charge a restocking fee.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

A lot of Best Buy type places now have a "waiting period" of some sort on large-screen television returns after Super Bowl .... I'm not sure how that works exactly to be honest....
      Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

I'm not retail but have a little tidbit. It wouldn't have matter what kid of tv I would have gotten, cuz my cable went out for almost 45 minutes last night. It went out exactly at 5:30, the start of the game.
        Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

I know that last year they instigated a 25% restock fee on any and all televisions sets bought and or returned within a certain timeframe of the superbowl. massively reduced the number of "renters".
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Not really, but I noticed that we were nice and slow while the game was on, and then once it ended, we were totally slammed for a few hours.
            Oop, game's over, let's go get some pills! Woohoo!

Comment

Working...
            X