This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
    Maybe I'm just a wierdo, but I've always found it to be much more painful to sprain something than it does to break it, and soft tissue stuff seems to take longer to heal on me, too.
    Yeah, sometimes a sprain is worse than a break. I sprained my ankle really badly once while moving a dresser down the stairs. It was bad enough that my mom actually thought a doctor should look at it, and since we were stopping by the hospital to pick something up anyways, she'd have a doc xray it there. There was no break, but the doc said that the sprain was so bad, I would have been better off just breaking it. I was on crutches for a couple weeks, and in an aircast for two months.

Comment

My best friend got mad one day and kicked the wall a couple of times and broke her big toe. She told her parents but her Dad said it wasn't broken because it wasn't bleeding. Uhm yeah, right. Two days later after it had swelled up like a balloon, was all black and blue and she couldn't get her shoe on w/o screaming bloody murder her parents took her up to the base hospital. The docs xrayed it and guess what it was broken. Her Dad didn't want to get into trouble so he told my BF that she had to tell the doctors that she broke it that day. I have considered him a complete and utter asshole since then.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Well, I can't say that a break feels less painful than a sprain. I've broken both my wrists and it definately hurt worse and more consistantly than any of my sprains or dislocations (I've dislocated both my jaw and my back). However, breaks do stop hurting and heal much faster than sprains and are less of a pain to deal with. The problem with sprains and soft tissue injuries is that it can feel better and so you use it and rehurt it all over again.
        My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

Working...
        X