X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4:30 AM dinner call

OK,
    so i work in one of the best places to insure a ruined day. (im supprised i have yet to see fast food here yet)
    Ok, on to the story

Its 4:30 am, my restaurant is now serving breakfast.
    Well these two ladies came through the drive thru. Ordered two combo meals.
    I rang them up and made, prepared, and handed them their food.
    They leave, i continue on cleaning. getting the store ready to open (our drive thru is open 24/7, but the lobby closes overnight)
    Anyway, about 15 minutes later my manager is yelling at me because the two women came back and demanded a refund. They had wanted dinner, not breakfast. At 4AM, we serve breakfast and nothing else.
    Mind you, a reciept was included after payment, It is the customers respnsibility to make sure everything was correct...... Idiots, which were probably drunk.

So i was told i was to repay for that, in which i infomed him that i refused to pay for someone elses stupidity. When it mentions on the menu board that after 4 breakfast is served. I hate idiots, they ruin a perfectly good day (or night in my case)

Your boss wanted you to pay for it???
    "At any time, for any reason and without any warning, a meteor could fall from the sky and kill us all."
    -- The Meteor Principle

Galbadia Hotel - Free Video Game Soundtrack Downloads

Comment

That sucks. But how did they order? If they asked for two (for example) Egg McMuffin combos, then it would be pretty tough for them to say otherwise.

And why would your manager make you pay for their new meals? Why wouldn't he just right it off as waste? Would he (I'm assuming it's a he) make you pay for something that fell on the floor? or food that was too old and had to be thrown out?
      I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

RE: How did they order?

I would imagine they ordered a value meal. "I'll take a number 5 with a Coke". They thought they were getting Bacon Cheeseburger combo and in reality they got a sausage biscuit. I could be wrong but that's how I interpreted it.
        "Losers assemble in little groups and complain about the coaches, the
        system and other players in other little groups. Winners assemble as a
        team." Author - Unknown

Comment

There's a 4:30 IN THE MORNING?!?
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
            Yes, there is. It is the time at which I will be getting ready for work again tomorrow morning.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
              Yes, yes there is and let me assure you it is a dark, bitter time full of suffering and despair when only the stupid still walk the earth like a seething plague of ignorance. Only a handful of brave fools such as myself and psycho are still about.

Comment

Thank you gravekeeper, we are keepers of the night. On watch against the ones that try to make night unpleasant.
                I didnt have to pay for the meal, but it was like an 8 an a half dollar meal.
                They way they orderd was just exactly "Two number sixes with diet cokes" for a breakfast meal it was bacon, egg, cheese bagels with hashbrowns. The dinner number 6 is a double cheeseburger meal with fries, which i had aready cleaned the fry bin ready for breakfast and im pretty sure we didnt have any more meat prepared.
                My manager did make a fuss about it, but i didnt have to pay for it. I told him straight up that i was refusing to pay for someone elses mistake. Maybe it may have been a lil bit my fault, being that we had just started serving breakfast, i should have confirmed to them that it was breakfast time. But it was 4:30 in the morning and i was tired and ready to get what i had to get done and go home.
                But also again, they did get their recipt after payment and before they got served. They should have made sure too instead of being suprised to see bagels instead of double cheeseburgers

Comment

Oh and then theres this ---

Originally Posted by cincyredlegs30
                  Whew I feel better now...take my warning if you want good food and don't make us mad...please....

........ don't make the employees mad. Even if they've made a mistake I don't complain. The fast food worker/waiter/waitress is ALWAYS right.
                  Last edited by Spiffy McMoron; 02-07-2007, 04:36 AM.

Comment

When I go through McD's on my way into work I ALWAYS ask what they're serving, breakfast or the regular menu, just to be sure, even if I was there last week at the exact same time. (This is necessary because I usually work around 11, so it's the time when the menu switches from breakfast to lunch.) I'd rather ask an extra question and know what I'm getting, than end up having to reorder or start a fuss because my lunch combo and breakfast combo have different numbers.
                    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Good on you for not paying for their meals. You shouldnt have had to pay for food mess ups even if it was your fault.

Your manager is employing humans not robots, humans make mistakes. Its completely unethical to make someone pay for a simple mistake like that. Thats as bad as making a waiter pay for a dine and dash.
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                        Yes, yes there is and let me assure you it is a dark, bitter time full of suffering and despair when only the stupid still walk the earth like a seething plague of ignorance. Only a handful of brave fools such as myself and psycho are still about.
                        Alternatively, in Key West it is the time just after the last bars close (4 am) and sometimes the start of some other party or some other fun that is in itself very entertaining.

Yes, I have had much fun at 430 in the morning. Some if it could even be printed here!

Moe from the Simpsons: "There's a 5 am? WHY DIDN'T ANYBODY TELL ME?!?!?"
                        Last edited by Jester; 02-07-2007, 04:51 AM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

I haven't seen 4:30 AM in a long time... maybe 2:30 am... then sleepies til noon...unless its an odd day and I'm working the morning shift... or if I'm having a riding lesson...those I'll concede to get to the barn by 11... I have to have some reeeeaaal motivation to be up before then. I am NOT a morning person!

I don't all night party like I used to in college...
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

I get kind of annoyed at how fast food places only have breakfast foods until like 10am. I wake up at 2am and run around like crazy and would like actual food at 7am. I don't eat pork at all and that seems to be on everything possible in the morning so that's prob my main problem. I usually will go home and eat but if I need to go out afterwords to an appointment or something and I haven't thought about food it would be nice to get something real to eat. Anyway I've NEVER blamed a worker for this.. but just saying.

Comment

I'm the opposite Trisnic, but have the same problem...I usually like breakfast to be available after 10am. I tend to work late afternoon-evening. I am NOT a morning person...as stated. I maybe just wake up at 10. Around 11 or 12, I would love nothing more than a bagel with egg and bacon. As such, I usually just go to dunkin' donuts or someplace that serves that all day...like you, I don't take it out on workers. I go elsewhere!
                              I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Working...
                              X