This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care WHAT the other store does

Again with the hangers: go buy some! Had an SC who bought a clothing item and wanted the hanger. I explained that we own them (we do; our company has to buy them since manufacturers don't provide them) and don't give them away. "Well, [store in other city] does it." My response? A simple, "They shouldn't be doing that." At least it shut her up, although she glared at my "Have a good day!" This other store is the bane of my existence because they break all kinds of rules and we have to deal with the fallout. It's the same kind of annoying as when they say "[Competition] does it!" Why do I care what [Competition] does?? I don't work for them. Duh.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I rarely ask for hangers, but it's never been an issue with the places I've asked. I didn't realize until a few months ago that some stores don't give out hangers. But, it's just a hanger- SC is out of line getting miffed about it!
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Ugh, my store doesn't allow you to keep hangers. I can't tell you how many people get miffed when I tell them they can buy MUCH BETTER hangers for $4 instead of the crappy, space hogging ones we have that break easily. I honestly, don't get it.

Comment

The dumb customers think 'competion' is simply 'Your store with different name'.

Yes, they are that stupid.

Comment

My company will give the customer the hanger if asked. Almost all our hanging clothes come pre-hung from the manufacturer. If the customer doesn't want the hanger we recycle it.

And we are probably the "competition" the OP is talking about. You can't expect one company's policies to apply to a different one.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            This other store is the bane of my existence because they break all kinds of rules and we have to deal with the fallout.
            Or at least the SCs claim that they do. There's a slight difference there...

Comment

Not to mention that fact that most clothing store hangers suck.

As has been mentioned, a $4 bulk pack of plastic hangers is much better.
              "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Yeah, I'm willing to bet that the other store doesn't break policy either. SCs LOVE to say "But the other store does it!" to see if you will cave. I get that so many times at my store and a lot of times it's for something that the computer won't even let us do so I know the customer is lying.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                  Not to mention that fact that most clothing store hangers suck.

As has been mentioned, a $4 bulk pack of plastic hangers is much better.
                  Oh yeah, I don't like the hangers the clothes come on. Too bulky.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

My local Sears and Kohl's will leave the clothes on the hanger and stuff them in bags before they even ask if I want them, so I've started pulling the clothes off and folding them while waiting in line.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      My company will give the customer the hanger if asked. Almost all our hanging clothes come pre-hung from the manufacturer. If the customer doesn't want the hanger we recycle it. And we are probably the "competition" the OP is talking about. You can't expect one company's policies to apply to a different one.
                      No, it's the other company. I don't think my customers actually shop at your company. At least they don't mention it.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The store I work at currently uses two basic types of hangers. El cheapo black plastic hangers that we are allowed to give out to customers if they ask, which they never do. and some really nice Bamboo ones, that are for 2 specific companies product displays, read as expensive, that we can not give out. Guess which hangers they ask for even if they are not the company that is labeled on the hanger?

I bet you got it on the first guess.

Comment

Quoth Lots42 View Post
                          The dumb customers think 'competion' is simply 'Your store with different name'.

Yes, they are that stupid.
                          No, they don't think that; don't be ridiculous.

What they do think is that in a market driven by competition, every little discount/favor/nicety/freebie offered by one store would be automatically parroted by their competitors in an effort not to be left behind. This is often the case, but what these SCs fail to realize that a "competitor" is another store/service provider of comparable quality and value. (They also sometimes fail to realize that another store/service provider in a different line of business is not a competitor... but I digress.)

So where the stupid comes in is they'll flounce into Wally World expecting the same level of personalized attention they've heard is provided to customers at Saks Fifth Avenue, or on the flip side, stroll into Brooks Brothers and insist they should have a 2/$300 suit sale like they occasionally do at Men's Wearhouse...

Good times.

(Nothing agains Men's Wearhouse; I've shopped there myself and they do have some quality stuff, it's just in a different price bracket from BB.)

Comment

I got the good ol, the other store will take this over a month old expired coupon for a free drink that SC must have been to busy to use. Actually this is after he asks me if he can use the coupon good for tea "only" considering pop and tea use the same button I told him no problem. Then I noticed it was expired and pointed out I wouldn't be taking it. He responded with an attempt at the jedi mind trick telling me "Your gonna take it right?" several times. I tossed a heads up to my manager and she went... "so over 5 weeks old, yeah I'm not honoring that a day is one thing"
                            I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Working...
                            X