This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer's who don't READ!

Oh my fucking goodness, what is wrong with people?

We had a sale at my store last week where many brands and styles of yarn were on sale. The 2 yarns in play here are both made by the same company (I believe "lion brand."). The 2 styles however are different, but with similar names.

One is called "Fancy Fur", and the other, "Fun Fur." Fancy fur is on sale, but not fun fur. The sign right next to the yarn says this. It's the fact that the 2 yarns are placed next to each other in the planogram that these people can't manage to use their brain power to tell the difference. At least 10 times a day I would get customers watching me ring up their yarn and looking at what prices the yarn rings up as, and when I ring up the fun fur for 4.99 they say

SC: Isn't that yarn on sale?
    Me: No, Fancy fur is on sale, not fun fur
    SC: But there's a sign over there
    Me: The sign says fancy fur
    SC: No it doesn't, I'll show you!

So I walk over and point out her stupidity, and she dopesn't buy the yarn.

I was spotting people in line with a basket full of fun fur, and just KNOWing that they were going to think they were on sale, and of course everytime I was right.
    Everynight we had at least 30-40 skeins of fun fur go backs because customer's didn't want them.

That's unfurgivable.

Comment

The fun part is where the SC is wrong.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth Simply Amazed View Post
        That's unfurgivable.
        So was that.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

I had a customer bring up a large bottle of rum and claiming it was $2.97. She took me to the liquor aisle to show me where the sign was "clearly showing" this price. It was for the small bottle of liquor on the shelf above the rum. The prices are on the same shelf as the product, which would be directly underneath said product. I told the lady I can see how it would be confusing and I usually read the signs/labels to make sure of the price when I go shopping and she said "I shouldn't have to read when I go shopping!" I was speechless. She still tried to get me to sell it to her for the $2.97 because our store was "so confusing".

Really, expecting people to read signs, what's wrong with us?
          "Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did."
          George Carlin

Comment

I had this woman who is always a complete pain tell me that scrubs (i work at a thrift store) were .25 ...I said no ma'am they aren't and she insisted that they were..well I know this store completely so I knew without a doubt I was right. So she saids well I will show you and leads me like I am a damn puppy...So we get to the area of where the scrubs are and she saids see...I said ma'am that a 25.00 sign ( that clearly said 25.00) for the headboard that it's posted on..Needless to say she just didn't want it after that...No I am so sorry just I don't want it...

Comment

Hey! I had almost the same thing happen this week. Except the customer insisted that all the Lion Brand Yarns were two dollars...(because the one they brought up WAS on sale, only it was for 5)

A few weeks ago I had a customer who thought that all the Lion Brand yarn...was 2 bucks. Including the stuff that is normally 8.99 (moonlight mohair or something). She had like 10 skiens of the mess and was bragging to the customer behind her at finding such a good deal. It was not onsale that week. So we had all that yarn to take back.

This week, I was putting stuff back--and I happened down the aisle with the scapbooks. An coworker was down there--helping a customer, who wanted to know which scrapbooks were on sale. In front of both of them...there were signs, every few feet down the aisle--which read "ALL scrapbooks on sale....".

Did I really need to clarify that? What part of "ALL" was so confusing?

Bah, these people can't even read "% off of one regularly priced item" on their coupons. Bringing up two trees marked with sale signs and presenting me your coupon---well, no, sorry you can't use it. "WHY?"

The Yarn Aisle makes people stupid.

(The wedding aisle, apparently turns folks into pigs...)
              you are = you're. not "your".

Comment

Why would you even WANT to buy rum that only cost 2.97? Geez! Was she going to go out and drink it out behind the dumpster with the other winos?

Comment

Here's my pet peeve.

We sell pizza by the slice - on round pizzas only. We also make "Rustic" style pizzas - they're a very long rectangular(ish) pizza, which we sell by weight. There's a small sign next to every pizza stating what it is and what the price is. In fact, EVERYTHING we sell in my department is very clearly labeled - everything my department sells has a full ingredient list posted next to it, along with "$9.99/lb" or "$9.99 each" or even "2 for $8.00". I work in what most stores call their deli (we call it prepared foods to be snooty, but we're also far bigger than most delis and have a lot more to offer)

"Yeh gimme two slices o dat" *points in the general direction of about 5 different pizzas* (I usually have anywhere from 4 to 9 different pizzas available for purchase depending on the time of day)

"That's actually sold by weight" (points at sign) - "How big would you like the slices to be?"

"OH NEVERMIND THEN, THAT'S TOO CONFUSING!" (they actually save a little money if they're buying 1 slice by weight, but hey..)

I repeat - just about everything in my department has clearly posted signs listing name, price, and ingredients. In fact, the majority of stuff in the store is sold by weight, just like in the meat department, seafood department, and produce department, even a small amount of grocery dept's stuff is sold by weight (we have a full bulk item aisle). I think floral and beer/wine are the only ones that don't sell by weight.

Comment

Quoth simplyanother View Post
                    The Yarn Aisle makes people stupid.
                    awww that's mean LOL

I went into Michaels on Saturday to buy a THIRD ball of yarn for my bf's scarf (ugh!). I'd normally buy from the local yarn shop, but I had started out with a skein from Michaels, and the local shop doesn't carry Patons. Anyway, there was a sign saying that Patons Divine was on sale for $3 (it's normally $4.99 or something). So I picked up a ball and brought it to the cash, where it rang up for $4.99. Now I'm always REALLY careful to read the signs, so I said "er, I think that's supposed to be on sale." The cashier disagreed, but I was pretty sure, so she had a price check done.

Turns out that the sale had ended the day before, but they'd left the sign up, so the cashier cheerfully gave it to me for the sale price (even though I said "oh, you don't have to do that.") That cashier rocks
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I get that way too much...

last night, someone decided to not read signs for grape tomatoes...he believed the organic tomatoes were for $2.79 (instead $4.49). regular grape tomatoes (surprize, surprize) were empty.

another irk would be people are way too impatient to either read, or pay attention to their situation. self-checkouts are fun when no one cares to pay attention to the verbal prompts, and wonders why the transaction is taking hours on end.

people need to limit themselves with all the subtle annoyances of the tech. age, and pay attention to an actual human (aside from a family member you'll probably see in 5 minutes, but have to call and state where you are just on principle for using the damn device...).
                      Last edited by KuzcoLlama; 02-12-2007, 09:38 PM. Reason: Don't quote entire post.
                      HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Working...
                      X