This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "What company lies to its customers?"

What the hell is wrong with some people?

SDL = Stupid Defensive Lady
    Me =

SDL: "I'd like the lowest price on a room please."
    Me: "Ok, we have two different kinds of room, single kings and doubles, the price for either is the same, $109 per night plus tax."
    SDL: "Do you have any suites?"
    Me: "No, only standard rooms. We mainly serve business travellers."
    SDL: "But if i'm travelling on vacation i can still stay there, right?"
    Me: <alarm> "Of course you can."

(To be brief i'll skip over the part where she asks about EVERY DAMN amenity our hotel has. I can tell by her responses that she is not interested in staying here... yet she stays on the phone anyway.)

SDL: "If i had triple A or an AARP card, could i get a discount?"
    Me: "Yes, it will reduce the nightly rate by 10% to 98.10 plus tax"
    SDL: "But you said 109 was the lowest rate you had."
    Me: <oh no...> "That's the lowest price we have without asking for a discount."
    SDL: "$98.10 is lower than 109, is it not?"
    Me: "It is."
    SDL: "Why did you lie to me?
    Me: "I didn't lie, you asked what the lowest rate was for a room and i told you, not everyone has triple A or AARP, to get a discount you have to ask for one."
    SDL: "No, you lied. I'm sure your manager wouldn't like to hear that you lie to customers."
    Me: "What!? Ma'am, i didn't lie to you, and if you asked the same questions to my manager in the same order he would have given you the same answers."
    SDL: "What company lies to its customers?
    Me: "Ma'am, to get a discounted rate you have to ask for it, otherwise it wouldn't be a discounted rate... it would be the normal rate."
    SDL: "Whatever." <here it comes> "It's not like i'll ever stay at your hotel anyway." <click>

I'm a bit off my game today, this lady deserved way worse than she got.

SDL: "No, you lied. I'm sure your manager wouldn't like to hear that you lie to customers."
    "Try him. He likes a good laugh just as much as the next guy!"
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post

SDL: "What company lies to its customers?
      I probably would've replied, without missing a beat: "Enron"

Comment

OMFG. I cannot stand those types of customers. I feel for you. That is very bad. I wish some people would grow a brain. It's unbelievable how sad some people are. I mean how petty do you have to be to call people and random argue with them?

Comment

Nah, a better answer that she would never get would be "Soylant Green Corporation", would you like their customer service number?
          "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

"Soylent green is my kind of people!"
            I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

"Do you want the list? Or just a random one? Let's start with the gran'daddy of them all: Wal-Mart! Routinely lies to its customers! Made in the US, my left ass cheek! McDonald's! Sued because they told someone they didn't make their fries in animal-based grease! Starbucks! I'm gonna stretch for this one, but... Medium is relative. Your Tall is the smallest size, and the Grande the largest, yes? Then the Venti must be your medium!"

I'll stop there.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Nocturnal View Post
                It's unbelievable how sad some people are. I mean how petty do you have to be to call people and random argue with them?
                Some people are that petty and pathetic. It's like they never outgrew grade school. I feel sorry for any friends or family they might have.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I would've quoted Dr. Greg House--"Everybody lies." Then I would've added, "Of course, there's lying, and not telling the complete truth."

But that's just me.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

this company lies

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
                    I probably would've replied, without missing a beat: "Enron"
                    and Surridge Dawson does too.
                    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                    X