This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Evade Taxes

After a certain amount gets cashed out (which I can't state because if anybody found out who I am, I'm sure I could get into trouble) we have to log people.

This guy came up with two sports tickets. One was for 9,000 and the other made him over the limit to where we needed more personal information. He freaked.

SC: But one of these is my wife's!
    CW: ?
    Funny, he came by himself.

SC: I don't want to get taxed! Do you know how much I've lost to get this!? It's not fair! *insert little kid whine*

Supervisor is called.
    SV: I'm sorry sir, but you brought both of these tickets up. We need your ID and your social security number or we won't cash out out.

Yes, we can refuse to cash them out if they refuse to give us their information.

The wife shows up.

Wife: Go ask the sports book people! They'll tell you this one is mine!

Funny thing is the sports book had been closed for about two hours. And I doubt they keep track of all their customers.

SV: We really need the info.

SC: Are we going to be taxed!?

SV: I'm not really allowed to give you that information. I can only give you this. *hands him a pamphlet.*

SC: Oh, you're not allowed too. Whatever. That F***** figures.

No, we cannot tell him when he is going to be taxed. And besides he did a five thousand dollar transaction earlier so we already had some of his information.

Finally he forked over his info and was all pissy when my co-worker had to count out a huge amount out to him. They rolled their eyes the whole time as if she took too long counting out their money. GRR.

I understand it is frustrating but we have no control over the taxing or whatever. We simply cash out. It's out of our hands. They almost reported him for suspicious activity. I guess he seemed like a scammer or something.

Reminds me of those Loomis-Fargo robbers from a few years back who got caught in part because they tried to launder the loot as profit from a furniture store, and flat out asked the cashier at the bank how much they could deposit at a time before they'd be flagged as suspicous activity, naturaly, that in itself got them reported........ a few months later, they were all in the slammer
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

$9000+ dollars before you have to report!?! In Connecticut any gambling payout over $400 will get you recorded and taxed.
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Of course, if they were smart, they could keep a record of their profits and losses, and use that to decrease their taxes... they would probably take a net loss for the year most years.

Comment

Yes, but that would be *smart*... so naturally, these two can't.
          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
          X