This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, I get it...she's hot

Just got back from work. I'm super tired, and I'm going to an ice fishing contest in the morning (first time ice fishing ever...going with my dad and he's gonna help me)...anyways...that's obviously not what the story is about.

This guy wasn't really sucky...well, it did get annoying at how many times he was telling me this one girl was hot....I'll start at the beginning (mods, put this wherever else it needs to go...I was at a loss for where to put it).

So this guy comes up to my line, and he knows a cashier behind me. He must...he yelled out his name...anyways...he turns to me and asks me "Do you know who that hot girl is that works in the photo lab?"

I just kinda look at him, thinking who in the world was working back there that was hot. I thought of one girl, and I didn't know if she was working today. I was also wondering why he was asking me, another girl of all people, who the hot girl in the photo lab is...(I am a front end cashier, not even CLOSE to the photo lab)

So I asked him if this girl of his was skinny and shorter...and he said "No, she's average. She has big eyes. And she's really hot."

Then it dawned on me who it was. The only reason why I knew who this girl was is because she used to be a cashier and transferred over to photo. I told him "It must be (coworkers name here)."

Then he was like "Yeah, she's super hot. She must be married though because she is so hot." (He was just like that...totally redundant with the phrase "she's so hot")

I told him that she was, in fact, not married, but has a kid or two. He started laughing when I said one or two (I was getting tired at the time) but the reality is that I know she has one kid for sure. She may have another; I'm not positive.

But anyways...yeah. That's all it was. I got a bit annoyed with hearing about how hot she is...
    "I'm not even supposed to BE here today!"

"Sorry, our AC is dead today... Not that kind of hot? Hmmm... I'm lost sir."
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Sorry for the threadjack

This reminds me of an event that happened a few weeks ago at a basketball game. On the tickets, they usually put a photo of something that is associated with the team. Some games it'll be the coach, a player, or the cheerleaders. This is important.

On that faithful night, a cheerleader happened to be on the ticket and part of the pic was showing some clevage. I was in my usual VIP spot when a man pulls up. I give him the ArenaBoy greeting and ask for his pass. He shows me a ticket with the cheerleader on it, to which I immediately interept it as a lack of pass. I tell him, and he keeps on insisting until he shows the ticket again and asks if I think the cheerleader is sexy, or hot as he put it. Seeing as I think the cheerleaders at an NBA game are very unappealing to me, (I've been a sucker for girl next door and hippie types in my life anyway.) I reply with, "Sir, she doesn't look the least bit sexy, now go this way."
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

My response would have been along the lines of "Actually, she's a lesbian and I have first dibs."

But I'm a bastard. -.-

Comment

My first response would have been

"Well then why don't you go talk to her about it then?"

or

"You mean my wife?"
          www.myspace.com/queenofevrything

Comment

Quoth zeoquean View Post
            Then he was like "Yeah, she's super hot. She must be married though because she is so hot."
            "Yeah, she's married...to ME!" Then give him the Stare Of Death. See how fast he backpedals!

I may be a little paranoid, but it's not a wise idea to give personal information about a coworker to a customer. He might try to use it to hit on her. ("You got a kid or two? Need a daddy for them? ") And it's really none of his business anyway.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
              My response would have been along the lines of "Actually, she's a lesbian and I have first dibs."
              Hah...if it's one of my "lovers" (platonic, oddly enough...long story) I would've said it.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

While normally married folks aren't allowed to work together at BBV one night my store desperately needed someone to close. The only person available was my hubby- the SM knew we are both mature adults and it would be fine.

I was on register and hubby was organizing movies to run when Mr. Flirt-Tastic came up and started hitting on me. My hubby just kept organizing the cart as though he wasn't paying attention.

*Much flirting...*
                Then the flirt asked me what time I got off and did I want to go somewhere, etc. I showed him my ring and told him I was married. He persisted, the old, "What he doesn't know won't hurt him," BS.

Me: "I tell you what, I'll call my husband and if he doesn't mind me going out after work then I'll go."

Flirt, is confused but thinks he's won: "Yeah, okay... you do that."

I look over at my hubby who is not even three feet from Mr. Flirt-Tastic and still organizing the cart, and say, "Honey, this guy wants to know if he can take me out after work."

My hubby looks up at me, smiles sweetly and simply says, "No."
                Then goes back to what he's doing.

Mr. Flirt-Tastic goes paler than I've ever seen anyone go and nearly kills himself running out the door.
                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                HellGate: London

Comment

NightAngel, that's awesome! I :heart: your hubby
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

NightAngel, you and your husband are awesome.
                    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Mop bucket to the front please!!

I love that. That was just so much more scary for Mr Flirtastic I am sure than your husband starting to growl and foam at the mouth. The simple subtle quietly psychotic effect can be so efficient....

Only thing that might have been more entertaining would be if your husband had said "No, But I'm available" and wink at him.....Then again I have a sad sick sense of humor so I've been told.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                        I tell him, and he keeps on insisting until he shows the ticket again and asks if I think the cheerleader is sexy, or hot as he put it. Seeing as I think the cheerleaders at an NBA game are very unappealing to me, (I've been a sucker for girl next door and hippie types in my life anyway.) I reply with, "Sir, she doesn't look the least bit sexy, now go this way."
                        Had more than one customer ask me my thoughts on *insert current hot movie/TV star*
                        The one I distinctly remember from a customer was: "Damn! J-Lo's hot!"
                        I was just walking by, on my rounds... and the guy rounds on me. "You think she's hot?"
                        M: "No, not really... she's Hollywood Hot, which is NOT to my standards."
                        "Well, what about Mariah Carey?"
                        M: "HaHa! Hell NO!" And walked away.

One of my coworkers asked me, when we had How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days on our trailer ring, "So, do you think Kate Beckinsale's hot?"
                        M: "No, not really."
                        "Well, then, what about Matthew Macconaughey?"
                        M: "Never thought about it, but, yeah, he's cute."
                        Coworker gave me an odd look and backed away, refusing to talk to me ever again, even in passing. Huzzah, I didn't like him anyway.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

So, as a single 18 year old male with no life, I must know.....

IS SHE HOT???? Don't leave me hanging.....

Comment

Working...
                          X