This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't care go away

So around 2:20 this afternoon I was busy selling a TV to a very nice and understanding couple. When in walks crazy lady.
    CL: Crazy lady
    NC: Nice couple
    Me: well me

CL: "Turn on channel five they're gonna read the verdict. Hey you.*Snap*"
    Me: "Huh?" to nice couple "excuse me for a moment"
    Me: "Can I help you with something?"
    CL: "Turn these TVs to channel five, they're gonna read that murderer's verdict. I heard it on the radio and turned in here quickly so I could see it"
    Me: "The TVs are on a loop and not connected to any broadcasts, sorry."
    Going back to the couple I started going through TVs with them again. I see crazy lady messing with the direct TV endcap but don't care cause I'm busy. Then she decides to wander over and just inject herself into my sale.
    CL:"Can you believe the trial is finally over. Casey Anthony is finally going to be punished for what she did. I've been following this case since day one and shes guilty as a skunk. What do you think?" She is looking at the couple at this point and it is obviously a topic they don't want to get into.
    NC:"We really haven't followed it much."
    Me:"I don't watch much TV."
    CL:" How could you not watch it, it's like a great reality show. Can you show it on all your TVs so everyone can see"
    Me:"No, If you'll excuse us there is a TV over there I would like to show this couple."
    I tried to get us away but she just kept following. The couple I was selling to gave me a sympathetic look and declared they were going to go look at the blu-ray players for a bit. After the verdict was read.
    CL:"CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT, IT'S OJ ALL OVER AGAIN. I MEAN COME ON. SHE DID IT BUT BECAUSE SHE IS PRETTY EVERYONE BELIEVES HER." This was said at just below a full yell. After each charge she got more upset. It got my GM's attention and thankfully I pawned her off on him before looking for NC to get them the TV they wanted.
    What the hell makes people think this behavior is ok?
    Please avoid discussion of the actual trial. There is a fratching topic on it already
    http://www.fratching.com/showthread.php?t=4801

So did the crazy lady manage to get into the Direct TV endcap and put the trial on herself or did she get someone to do it for her? I'm kinda confused.

And yes, the woman was crazy AND rude. You're doing your job SELLING the TV's, you don't have time to WATCH the TV's. I hope your GM had a spine and told her to buzz off.

Comment

Gawd...it was bad enough I couldn't escape it on the TVs in the break room...imagine trying to buy a TV and having someone who thinks the trial for an accused child murderer is a "great reality show". Sounds to me like your SC liked the drama much more than she cared about what was actually happening. Sigh.

ETA: This is not at all meant as fratching as I have my own ideas about the whole story, I was just commenting on the gravity of the situation and the way the SC was treating it.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

Quoth Lady_Pigeon View Post
        So did the crazy lady manage to get into the Direct TV endcap and put the trial on herself or did she get someone to do it for her? I'm kinda confused.
        If I read it correctly, no, as the store did not actually have access to external broadcasts.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Maybe she could have watched the broadcast if she'd remembered her aluminum-foil hat
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Working...
          X