This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's for your SAFETY

Had a few passengers this week who didn't seem to realise that what I was doing was for their safety!

>Passengers who had to be told several times to stow their bags. I explained that having their bags on their laps could impede them escaping from the plane if we had to evacuate or they could trip over them.
    >A mother who was content to let her child sleep through landing sprawled across his seat without fastening his seatbelt. I had to explain that when we hit the runway we would be travelling VERY quickly and her son could be injured. DUH! Yes he's sleeping I can see that but do you want him to go flying through the air or hit his head on the seat in front?
    >Passengers annoyed that we were not serving hot drinks in turbulance. Do they want to get burnt? Do they want me to get burnt too?
    >Passengers annoyed that they could not exit the plane from the rear door as there was no ground staff members to stand at the bottom to guide them off. Despite explaining this and saying that CAA regulations stated that we could not let them do it and health and safety regulations also stated we could not allow it one woman still argued with us!
    >Passenger trying to use the loo when the seatbelt signs were on. I don't really care if you get injured but the paperwork I would have to do if you were makes me tell you to sit back down. Now.

Sigh. Why do I bother.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
    Had a few passengers this week who didn't seem to realise that what I was doing was for their safety!
    Their being able to do what they want is all that matters, and safety is the least of their concern - until they get injured. Then their monetary compensation and finger pointing will be of paramount importance.

On an aside, during my first flight ever in 1970, I actually was in the loo and trying to do my business when the plane landed. No one checked the door to see if it was occupied when the pilot turned on the seatbelt sign. I was a young child traveling by himself, and I could not read the words that lit up in the loo telling me to return to my seat. The attendants never noticed me. That is how lax regulations once were.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Even if I liked to fly, which I don't, PrincessKatie, I seriously could never do your job! But you sound like you need a
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Even if I liked to fly, which I don't, PrincessKatie, I seriously could never do your job! But you sound like you need a
        I don't think I can do my job either

It's not that bad, most of the time the passengers respect you and it's fine, I think 9/11 andincidents since showed people that we are their for safety and security and are highly trained professionals.
        No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
          Agreed, and on another note.... Doesn't that hug seem a little friendly? :P

Comment

Working...
          X