This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assault in the workplace

God I love this site! Reading these posts for me is like talking to a shrink, very therapeutic. I have a question for anyone. I read on this site about SC's getting pissed and throwing things at the worker. Has anyone ever had the SC arrested for assault or at the very least, thrown out of the business?

Check out the War Stories section. There's some really entertaining stuff in there.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
      I once had an SC try throwing eggs at me, when I worked in a grocery store. I dodged the first one then very gently managed to catch the second. When I drew my hand back as though I was going to throw it riht back at him, he dropped what he was holding and scarpered.

Jackass.
      that's awesome
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

When I worked at the movie theatre, I had a woman (I use that term loosely), refuse to stand in the cattle gates and wait her turn. She shoved me out of the way, and knocked over another usher and ran and sat down in the theatre. My manager who is a bit sadistic, let her stay, seated the rest of the patrons, then brought the on duty cop in to arrest her in front of 381 people. Corporate encouraged both of us to press charges and gave us access to the legal department should we need it. She was convicted on both charges, and due to being on parole for a previous drug offense was sent back to jail to serve out the remainder of her 25 year sentence.

All over Scary Movie 2!
        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post

All over Scary Movie 2!
          That movie wasn't even that great anyway.
          "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

When I was 16 and working as a butcher's asst, I caught a face full of raw sliced liver. I'm still not clear on why it was thrown, but she was trying to hit my boss.

Yes, she was arrested, and I got hosed off. Scared my mom though when I came home covered in blood. (Fresh, raw liver, bleeds a lot. I hate the stuff, it would scoosh everywhere when I was trying to cut it).
            ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

I suggest you check out Kusanagi's thread.

Its a bit of a read but boy is it worth it.

Also, check out Vinegar Boy.

No physical assaults, but a classic nonetheless.

Comment

Caffeine = addicts

At the coffee place I worked at, the morning rush was always the worst. You could see people literally jonseing fo their cup o' java. This one semi regular came in, got her stuff and knocked into another guy so hard on her way out that she knocked off his hat.

It wasn't a textbook assault or anything, and I doubt she even noticed, but he and I still exchanged a look that clearly said
                "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
                - Raven

Comment

Luna's story is a perfect example of this also. The only times I've gotten close to assault is the numerous customers threatening to run me over, or the coworker who got punched in the stomach by a drunk jack-ass.
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Nobody ever threw anything at me. If they did, an ass would have been kicked, job be damned.

Now, I did have this weirdo come in and practically break my hand. He smiled, said "Hi, there, miss." and stuck out his hand to shake, and I, like a moron, took it. I swear I damn near yelped. He crushed my hand so hard it ached after that. I jerked my hand away and said "What the heck do you think you're doing?" He blathered on, ignoring my anger. I won't go all into what the conversation was about at this point, but suffice it to say it was enough to convince me the guy was nuts. I took his order, and the the asshole thanked me and stuck his hand back out.

I just looked at it, then him, and said "I think not."

So out he toddled. I'm just glad he came back after I had gone home. Turd.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                      Nobody ever threw anything at me. If they did, an ass would have been kicked, job be damned.

Now, I did have this weirdo come in and practically break my hand. He smiled, said "Hi, there, miss." and stuck out his hand to shake, and I, like a moron, took it. I swear I damn near yelped. He crushed my hand so hard it ached after that. I jerked my hand away and said "What the heck do you think you're doing?"
                      "Next time someone gives you a handshake that says, "I'm compensating for something," you should just fall down on the floor and pretend to be dead. 'What'd you do, man? He suffers from 'Hand-squeezy death!' "
                      /source?
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        'What'd you do, man? He suffers from 'Hand-squeezy death!' "
                        /source?
                        Eddie Izzard.

I gotta admit I'd rather have my hand squished than shake a limp fish. I'm strange that way.

And I've luckily never been assaulted at any of my jobs, unless rank breath and bad manners count.
                        "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Whoever said that "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.

Comment

I saw this on a webcomic but the person reports on his blog that it did infact happen to him. Dunno if it's true or not but after reading CS.com for the better part of a year I'm willing to bet that this has happened to someone somewhere if not to the artist. The tale goes like this:

Guy is behind the counter of the fast food establishment he's working at to put himself through college. Man complains that the milkshake he ordered was not thick ehough and tosses it onto the clerk.

Clerk calmly calls over the manager (although he is speaking through his teeth due to pent up fury) to have him straighten this out.

C - Clerk
                          M - Manager
                          S - Sucky Customer

M - Ok C, what happened here.

C - The milkshake I made was too thin and S here dumped it on me to complain

S - Goddamn right I did. This guy is a moron who can't do anything right. I want you to fire his worthless ass!"

M - Ok, I could do that for you. However before you commit me to that action, lets consider the following. You just threw a milkshake onto a person who is 6'4, 250 pounds, and is a college wrestler. As long as he is employeed by me, he has to follow the rules of dealing with the customers lest he get fired for disobeying those rules. If I fire him, he is no longer my responsibility and there is little I could do should he excercise the option of leaping over the counter and twisting you into a pretzel.

S - <beats a hasty retreat at this point>

As I said, don't know if it's true, but I have faith that somewhere out there in the multiverse, that it really did.

M
                          I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                            All over Scary Movie 2!

Scary movie, indeed!
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Try this

I'm not sure if it counts as assault but its a good way to deal with agressive customers!
                              Also I think its a brilliant thread
                              http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...0863#post70863
                              ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                              Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X