This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Halloween I'm Going as a Broken Record

I have this happen all the time. At least once a day.

Me: Tireless Roadside/On-Rent Guy (Who just found out his department is getting outsourced)

SC: Soon to be someone else's problem

SC: I need to keep my car another day.

Me: No problem. I just need to verify some....*SC cuts me off*

SC: I need to return it to Long Beach, CA, too.

Me: Unfortunately we do not have a location in Long Beach. LAX will be our closest location.

SC: You don't have a rental return area in Long Beach?

Me: No, sir (ma'am). I apologize, but our closest is LAX.

SC: Do you have anything downtown, besides L.A. at the airport?

Me: I'm sorry, but LAX is the only location we have in that area.

SC: And you don't have anything at Long Beach?

Me: No. I'm sorry. Only LAX.

SC: And nothing downtown?

Me: No.

SC: So I would have to take it to LAX?

Me: *Let me think to the very FIRST of our conversation* Yes.

SC: Are you sure you don't have a location at Long Beach?

Me: Let me check *Pauses for dramatic effect*
    .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ........................ nope. We still don't have a location at Long Beach.

SC: I guess I'll go to LAX.

I really hope some people become legally banned to breed.
    Last edited by roadside; 02-15-2007, 10:19 PM. Reason: I suck at spelling and grammar
    I guess they shouldn't have set their phasers to miss-Mike Nelson

Thanks for reminding me, I've been meaning to ask...
    Do you guys have a location in Long Beach?

*ducks and runs*

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Imaginary SC conversation in my head:

Me: Hold on....we do have a Long Beach location

SC: REALLY!??!

Me: No.
      I guess they shouldn't have set their phasers to miss-Mike Nelson

Comment

No, see, the SC's have this theory that we're all really big jerks, but if they ask the same question the magic number of times, we'll call it off and say we were just kidding, we totally have what they want. That's my theory, at least.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

SC: "Are you sure you don't have a location in Long Beach?"
          YOU: "Actually, I'm sorry...we do have a Long Beach location."
          SC: "Great! Where is it?"
          YOU: "LAX."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

not just breed, but drive, own anything more complicated than a pencil and paper or own pets.

limit their choices and they do just fine...
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
              not just breed, but drive, own anything more complicated than a pencil and paper or own pets.
              A CIRCLE of paper?

Sorry, Simpsons reference.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                A CIRCLE of paper?
                "Whoa! We do NOT reward that kind of free-thinking here!"
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth roadside View Post
                  SC: Are you sure you don't have a location at Long Beach?
                  Imaginary conversation:

You: Actually, I'm not sure at all.
                  SC: What?!?
                  You: Our computers are down, so I'm just flipping a coin for "yes" and "no" answers. And for the record, I wouldn't know the difference between LAX, Long Beach, or downtown. This call center is in West Philly. The only way someone from here would end up there is if we got in a fight with thugs, and our mom sent us to live with my wealthy judge uncle in Bel-Air. [Sorry if you don't recognize the reference, kids! -SM]
                  I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth roadside View Post
                    I really hope some people become legally banned to breed.
                    As soon as I take over the world, your request will be happily granted. My plan is to make it mandatory to gain a special license for things like driving, breeding, walking with shoes that are not strapped on properly (I have grown to hate the sound of Crocs shuffling on tile while I'm in class), and many such activities. Vote for me in 2012.

Comment

I'd make a sign, but even if I wrote it at a fourth grade level, the people it's meant for didn't read there then, let alone now.

My c-store sells smokes, at not unreasonable prices. (A pack of Camels is a little more than $3.50, Marlboros are I think $3.79 with tax. We sell our cartons for the lowest prices allowed by the state, and we take inordinate pride in this.)

We do get special offers from the tobacco companies, like Buy 1 get 1, Buy 2 get 1. These are usually for the less popular blends like menthols, etc. I've had customers--probably nice enough folks otherwise--ask and ask and ask when we'll get a special on Marlboro Reds or Lights (Our two biggest sellers, probably half of our company's cig sales altogether if not more.) I finally went Lewis Black on this woman who'd asked me about that every day for at least two straight weeks:

"They won't. Not now. Not ever. They're not gonna do it because they don't need to do it. Philip Morris sells Reds and Lights hand over fist and ass over teakettle without any special offers. We don't have to ask people to buy these, we have to limit quantities! They're just not gonna go on sale, please stop asking!"

Believe it or not, I think she got the message. Or else she figures my damn head'll explode if she even mentions it again. Either way, works for me...

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
                      This call center is in West Philly. The only way someone from here would end up there is if we got in a fight with thugs, and our mom sent us to live with my wealthy judge uncle in Bel-Air. [Sorry if you don't recognize the reference, kids! -SM]
                      I do! A doughy white boy from the boondocks who was only like 8 or 9 when the show was on! Hooraaaay beeer-- I mean, hooraaaaay me!

Ah hell, hooraaaay beer too!
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she ought fall down, let's you know she's hurting 'fore she keens...makes her a home."

Comment

limit their choices and they do just fine...
                        Ooh ooh! How about a license to breathe? There's some people who definitely need theirs suspended.

I get that occasionally too, the most recent being about 30 minutes ago, right before I was getting off:
                        "Duurrrrr....I filled a percocet script at your pharmacy, but now I'm in salem, could you transfer it down here?"
                        "No, that is illegal, I can't do that."

Lather, rinse, repeat. I guess the fact that it's ILLEGAL to transfer CII meds just wasn't a good enough reason for her. Bummer. Don't go gallavanting 30 miles away from where you dropped your script off next time, brainiac.

Comment

Quoth FenigDurak View Post
                          As soon as I take over the world, your request will be happily granted. My plan is to make it mandatory to gain a special license for things like driving, breeding, walking with shoes that are not strapped on properly (I have grown to hate the sound of Crocs shuffling on tile while I'm in class), and many such activities. Vote for me in 2012.
                          I'm down to vote for ya! What do we do with the people who won't qualify? I'm sure there will be several...
                          I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                          "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Force them to work in low-paying customer service jobs

(Hi everyone btw long time reader finally got the guts to post.

Comment

own anything more complicated than a pencil and paper
                              I don't know...they could put an eye out with the pencil...and did you think about the paper cuts ?

I posted this yesterday on a different thread, but my dad's friend is one of these. The man should NOT own a computer...he calls my dad at least once a week for help with something or other that he screwed up.

-ams-
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X