This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standard delivery does NOT mean rush!

I swear, I wish people would read the website better instead of just clicking around and assuming. When we have option for people to pick their shipping method, it clearly marks the amount of days guaranteed for shipment.

UPS Standard 2-6 business days.

I get an email today from this jerk:

To Whom it May Concern:

I just received my third shipping exception notification from UPS regarding the order referenced below. Having paid $XX for rush shipping, you will understand my complete dissatisfaction with your service. You have already charged my credit card for this purchase, and I have not received the package, nor have I any reasonable idea when I might receive this package. Rush shipping is expensive and is not ordered without cause. Yet situations unexplained by you or UPS have provided me no cause for why I have not received this order.

Please explain how you will rectify the situation.

The guy paid pretty cheap price for UPS Standard delivery. Not only this. Today is not even the 5th business day and he's pissed because it got held over at customs for an extra day. He expects US to rectify this situation. How are we suppose to do that? Call Customs and go, "Uh yeah, we need this package released because apparently the guy can't read it's 2-6 business days for shipment".

And he says he has no idea when he will get this package. He has the tracking number since he says he knows that it has been held up...if he had actually LOOKED at the tracking website, he would notice it is scheduled to be delivered today.

Good grief.
    "You can try to control everything in your life or you can just let it go..."- Viggo Mortensen

ever notice the mental state of people who order stuff?

like the NEEDs vs. the WANTs.

NEEDs are always nice and patient and understanding if the package is late or delayed...but the WANTs, LORD forbid if its even an hour later than it states on the ticket!!!
    (I assume their car malfunctions without a dash cover or bugflector present)
    You have the right to behave badly. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a blog of my choice.

Comment

Quoth CRXPanda View Post
      ever notice the mental state of people who order stuff?

like the NEEDs vs. the WANTs.

NEEDs are always nice and patient and understanding if the package is late or delayed...but the WANTs, LORD forbid if its even an hour later than it states on the ticket!!!
      (I assume their car malfunctions without a dash cover or bugflector present)

I never noticed that but you really opened my eyes there!

Then you get the ones who don't fall under those catagories...you know the ones...they order something and cancel and when they don't get their refunds fast enough, they play the, "I need the money to pay my bills!!! When will it show up on my bank statement?" Why order something when you are using your credit card to pay another bill?
      "You can try to control everything in your life or you can just let it go..."- Viggo Mortensen

Comment

Maybe he read the part about 2 days and didn't go any further? I'm happy if I get anything within a month...but then, nothing I order is important enough for expensive shipping.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I deal with teh same thing every single say.
          When an order is palced on our store website is clearly says : Ships in 3 - 5 days, Ships in 24 hours etc..

For some reason, the retards who i deal with on a daily basis seem to equate 3 - 5 day shipping to 3 - 5 days delivery time.
          And they will argue and argue that the website says delivers in 3 days, when it clearly says nothing of the sort

Comment

I think there's only one time I've called up to ask where a product was. That was when I bought a new wiring harness for the MG. I'd ordered it a month or so previously, but wanted it to arrive before Christmas--at the time, my father still owned the car, and I wanted to surprise him. Anyway, I called the company up, and they said that it wouldn't arrive until after New Year's Turns out that the harnesses aren't kept in inventory, but made from scratch on an as-needed basis. Since it didn't say that in the catalog, or on the website, I was a bit annoyed. Not pissed, just annoyed.

They did good though--the harness showed up a few days before Christmas so all was well For service like that, I keep going back
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Recently I have ordered something of a website, that I wanted. It took a month for them to finally ship it out, and I paid for the Rush Delivery. I emailed them, asking what was up, and I got it 2 days later. I was nice about the whole thing, I just wanted to know what, was taking so long.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Usually, when I order stuff online, I thoroughly read the website before ordering (unless I've been there before). When it says shipping at this time, I assume that when it goes out, it takes that time. Not only this, I know that sometimes it will be delayed over customs.

But people really do fail to read what's there in front of them. It's not like we put it in fine print, we actually made the print bigger so they could read it!

Comment

Is it not sad that people always use the line, "You have charged my credit card and I do not have my item."

Well no shit Sherlock, nobody in their right mind is going to send you your stuff and then hope that you pay afterwards. That's just stupid. Some people are just beyond stupid. I can't wait to get out of this field.

Comment

I ordered something pretty special for a friend from the Patterson Airforce Base gift shop back in November (November 18th, I believe). I was leaving to visit the friend that the gift was for on December 15th, and I ended up paying $20 USD for shipping in addition to the $40 USD for the gift (it was a bloody scarf, so don't tell me it was heavy or anything - it was shipped in a bubble envelope).

Want to know when I received it? January. I contacted the gift shop EIGHT TIMES in December trying to find out where my package was, if they had the slightest clue when I would receive it, etc. Not only do they not answer their phone most of the time, they don't return messages out-of-country either (I live in Canada). I got through to a person ONCE, and she said that records showed that my package had been shipped on December 5th.

On what planet does it take more than a month to ship an ENVELOPE from Ohio to Canada? For $20 US? I was so completely steamed with these guys, I was tempted to just return the damn thing, but then I'd be out the shipping cost (btw, the postage sticker on the envelope? $3.50 USD). Not only that, but they overstated the cost of the contents by $30 US, ensuring Customs' attention, and I had to pay $10 customs on the damn thing too. I told my friend he'd better damn well wear it every day until he dies.

Talk about a rip-off.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I had a Two Day package due Tuesday. It was in Oklahoma City and listed as "Out for Delivery".

Wednesday it was in Arizona.

When I bugged my regular UPS (pronounced Oops) delivery guy, he said "Wormhole accident. How do you think we move our packages so fast?"
                      "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Well no shit Sherlock, nobody in their right mind is going to send you your stuff and then hope that you pay afterwards. That's just stupid.
                        Time-Life Books.
                        Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Quoth Nocturnal View Post
                          Is it not sad that people always use the line, "You have charged my credit card and I do not have my item."

Well no shit Sherlock, nobody in their right mind is going to send you your stuff and then hope that you pay afterwards. That's just stupid. Some people are just beyond stupid. I can't wait to get out of this field.

You wouldn't believe the amount of calls i get from people about this. They're always shocked when we advise the payment must be received before we send out £4000 worth of computer equipment.
                          This is usually when they bring up that magical mystical Everywhere Else place that sends out expensive stuff without payment.

Comment

If I absolutely, positively need something right away, I go to a store that has the physical object sitting on a shelf in front of me, fork over the cash to nice person behind the counter and walk out with my stuff... If it's something random and obscure that can only be found in the labyrinth of the intarwebs, I assume I don't need it right away and either plan ahead or wait for shipping with an (apparently) Zen-like patience.
                            Seriously, your chest is not going to explode without the protective covering of an LL Bean sweater with special edition reindeer pattern or something. You'll be fine, promise.
                            On a vaguely related note, I'm currently waiting for a cyclops kitten t-shirt from Keenspot. I guess everybody else wanted one too, since they were out of stock. I just take that as an indication that all those people must have excellent taste in t-shirts, and so I wait.
                            Haikus are easy
                            But sometimes they don't make sense
                            Refrigerator

Comment

Working...
                            X