This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SC Ice-capades.: Two bad things that go worse together

As those of you in the NE US know we have had a nasty winter storm recently and as a result the parking lotand sidewalks at my WM ipretty icy, To help alleveiate this i was spreading rock salt on the front sidewalk. As i was doing so I had this delightful exchange.
    w=woman
    me=me
    g=girl
    w:Um, Hello?? Are you salting the sidewalk???
    me: (thinking: no woman i am standing on my head playing the bagpipes) Yes ma'am.
    w: Why??
    me: So no one slips and falls and gets hurt.
    w: Well my daughter likes to slide on ice and you just ruined her day.
    d : Yeah, what are you stupid???
    w: He is honey that's why he has to work here.

Later, i am getting carts into the store, and A kid on those accursed Whhelie Heelies, slides right in front of my line of carts. I stop the line and in the process slip and fall.
    k=kid
    kp=kid's parent
    K: Ha! I made you fall, you loser! Ha! Ha!
    kp= got thta was hilarious i wish i had my video camera, < to me> you are such a loser, you have to work here.
    PS: I'm okay, i didn't get hurt in the fall.

The last dude came in to return salt, because it wouldn't melt the ice on his driveway, That could have something to do with it being WATER SOFTENER salt, and despite the fact that 3 people told him it wouln't work he bought it and returned it anyway. This water softner salt is in a bright yellow bag, and specifically says that it is a water softner salt about 86 times on the front cover alone.

Quoth Crow The Robot View Post
    Well my daughter likes to slide on ice.
    I wonder if she'll like to slide on ice when she one day will slip and lands on her outstreched hand only to end up in a cast. Of course, if that were to happen the mother would sue WM for not warning them about ice or salting it. Gotta love society.
    The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Oooooh! That just makes me

It makes me wish I could travel through space and time to give those jerks a piece of my mind so you wouldn't have to risk your job to do it.
      The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

OMG! And they're breeding. Who will save the chiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllddddddddddrrrrrrrreeeee eeeeeen?
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Seriously, what is wrong with people? Argh. And why do people that idiotic get to have kids? They should be sterilized.
          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

kp= got thta was hilarious i wish i had my video camera, < to me> you are such a loser, you have to work here.
            That sounds familiar... back at Chesterfield (How many of my stories begin like this?) when Homophobe AM worked there, we had a wire mesh dump for random movies, and one night I had the misfortune to 'help' the world's nastiest mother/daughter combo.
            RJ: Me
            HM: Hag Mom
            HD: Hag Daughter (maybe seven, eight...? I'm not sure how old she was)
            RJ: How are you tonight? Anything I can help you find tonight?
            HM: A good movie.
            RJ: *thinking* That doesn't help. Good by whose standards? Mine? The Catholic Church's? *said* Well, what kind of movies do you like?
            HM: ... GOOD movies. *in that tone like I just asked the mother of all dumb questions*
            RJ: Again, what kinds of movies do you enjoy? Drama? Sci Fi? Comedy?
            HM: Comedy.
            RJ: Well, let's see, then... one of my favorite comedies was Liar Liar, Jim Carrey pulls the manic level of the movie out very well. I've heard Death to Smoochy was a really good movie, but I haven't seen it myself yet.
            HM: Well, why not?
            RJ: There are only so many hours in a day, plus, I'm addicted to anime. Drugs would be cheaper for a hobby. *didn't actually say that*
            HM: *to Homophobe AM, across the store, busy with someone else* Is this a good movie?
            AM: I haven't heard good things about it.
            HM: No, that is NOT a good movie.
            And so on, eventually, she lets me in on what a 'Good' movie has: Pauly Shore.

RJ: I'm afraid I'll be of no help to you then, I hate Pauly Shore with a passion.
            HM: *picks up a few movies, and wanders up to the register to check out with AM*
            RJ: *busy with checking on the pull down/reprice list, I come to a crashing halt momentarily in front of the wire mesh bin, resting against it for all of a split second. Next thing I know, my feet are up in the air, and I'm on the ground, the mesh bin fallen apart into it's sides around me*
            HD: *starts absolutely howling with laughter, so much so that she has to wheeze to say* "That's the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life!"
            HM: *to AM* "Ha! S/he deserved that!"
            AM: *at the time, we were good friends, glares at the woman, and, as her transaction is finished, walks over to help me get back up*
            I was unhurt, just befuddled, as I'd seen other coworkers lean against it with no problems before.
            However, I was almost angry enough to walk over, grab the daughter and push her into something... "Still funny?" I didn't, but I was fit to be tied by the two of them.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

This is where you surreptitiously trip the little booger machine the next time you see him whizzing past you.

"Oh, did I do that? I'm sorry! I'm such a klutz and a loser. That's why I work at Wal-mart instead of a more stimulating, profitable job. Sorry."

As for video, you have the surveilance camera footage.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

God forbid one of those people fall down. Then its a travesty . . . To the little kid on the heelies, if he would have fallen . . . it would have been WM's fault, it probably would have been you're fault he would have fallen. Hopefully, when that kid grows up, he'll work as a store clerk and has to push around those long lines of carts during the winter . . .
                This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
                  It makes me wish I could travel through space and time to give those jerks a piece of my mind so you wouldn't have to risk your job to do it.
                  Same here! Honestly, where do these assholes get off thinking they're allowed to treat retail employees like they're lower life forms?! Newsflash, bozos: You are bullies, therefore, YOU are the real losers here!

Time to load up the CS bus and pay a visit to Crow's store!

Salmon? Check!
                  Flamethrower? Check!
                  Woodchipper? Check!

Any other implements of torture and maiming welcome!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post

Time to load up the CS bus and pay a visit to Crow's store!

Salmon? Check!
                    Flamethrower? Check!
                    Woodchipper? Check!
                    Hee. Now I'm picturing a justice league of superheroes who come to the aid of abused customer service employees.

Salmon Girl who delivers the Smackdown of Karma!

Fire Guy and his Flamethrower of Justice!

The Chipster and his Woodchipper of Destruction!

OK. The concept needs some work.

And, yes, I know I'm a weirdo.
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

You should have given her directions to the nearest ice rink...

Glad you didn't get hurt, though.

I stopped at the store last night for a few things and was looking at the ice cream freezer (damn that Ben & Jerry's thread...it finally got to me ) and this little girl, maybe 8-10 or so, goes shooting down the aisle in her heelies, then turns and comes back - I thought she was going to crash into me, but she crashed into her dad instead. I refrained from telling them about the BRIGHT green signs posted at both entrances that those shoes are NOT allowed in the store.

Slightly OT, but you did mention salt : So, how much salt would I need to melt the 2 inch thick layer of snow/ice on my driveway (which holds 4 cars...and which my dad never bothered to clear)? It's not too bad now cuz it's just a crust of snow, but when it does melt and then refreezes overnight...I leave at 7:30 am - I am not looking forward to that.
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Am I in time for the latest -a-thon?

Those people are poster...whatever...for this site. They truly suck.

Quoth IMAPseudonym View Post
                        We don't need a superhero with a flamethrower. We have Misanthropical.

For every thing else, we have Mysty. We don't need anything else.
                        That's very true.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

w: Well my daughter likes to slide on ice and you just ruined her day.
                          To which you should have said to the daughter: "I may have ruined your day, but I'm pretty sure it will pale in comparison to how your artard Mom is going to ruin your life.

p.s. Like the name Crow the Robot....see the sig line.
                          I guess they shouldn't have set their phasers to miss-Mike Nelson

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                            God forbid one of those people fall down.
                            I actually saw a kid on those hellish Wheelie Heelies fall down today in the store. I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing at him. I hate those things with a passion and seriously wish the inventor would have kept them to themself.

Comment

d : Yeah, what are you stupid???
                              w: He is honey that's why he has to work here.
                              That would have earned her a first-class trip to the dial tone resort. Wouldn't care whether it's against policy.

But first I'd guffaw as loudly as possible and wish her son good luck with his soon-to-be 65 IQ, what with the cracked skull and all.
                              No good news is good bad news

Comment

Working...
                              X