This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidity at the airport

Well, as my name suggests, I work for a rental car company at an airport location. Of course I get tons of morons everyday, but this guy was a classic:

SC: (Stupid Customer) "Hey, can you tell me where Orbitz is?"

Me: "Ummmmmmmm, online?" (Yes, I am a major league wiseass.)

SC: "No, where is the car company named Orbitz?"

Me: "Sorry man, there isn't a car company named Orbitz. Orbitz is a third party vendor."

SC: "Huh?"

Me: "A third party. There isn't a car company by the name of Orbitz. Orbitz is where you book a rental car or a flight and get a better deal." (Trying as hard as I can to dumb this down to a first grade level.)

SC: "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh".

Me: "Did they tell you which car company you were renting through?"

SC: "Uh, no. They just sent me something saying 'Welcome to Orbitz'".

Me: "Dude, you are going to have to get in touch with them since there are something like nine rental car companies both on and off site."

SC: "So, what am I supposed to do?"

Me: (Losing my patience) "Try calling Orbitz??"

SC: "Yeah, that might be a good idea." (Gee, REALLY?????)

Welcome to "Morons on Parade"………

ROFL :-D

Comment

Orbitz? As in the drink? Yeah, they've been out of business since 1996.
      Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Ah, yes, the people who have no concept of a website vs. brick-and-mortar store. One does not mean there must be the other.

"Hey, can you tell me how to get to Amazon?"

If you really wanted to blow their mind, tell them that the internet doesn't actually exist.
        "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."

Comment

Customer, it's your money, why aren't you paying better attention where it's going?
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

XCashier, I've been asking that question on and off for 10 years now. Still haven't gotten a response
            My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can.---Cary Grant

Comment

"It's amazing the things people would rather have, than money."
              ~ Garfield
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Customer, it's your money, why aren't you paying better attention where it's going?
                Simply put:

A fool and their money are soon parted.

Best answer I can come up with so far.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

First time I used one of those travel web sites, I booked a hotel in Washington DC. We got there, and they said they had no reservation & were sold out. I had a conf. number, didn't help. Called the web site, they said it was reserved. Checked with the hotel desk and asked if they had any reservations done by the web site, they had one for my email address!! Expedia or Travelocity or Orbitz or whomever had sent the reservation as if my email was my name...
                  Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                  TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

I think probably the best way to do it is to go through the website, get your deal, and then, sometime a bit between the time of booking and the actual stay, contacting the actual hotel and confirming that it's all golden. That way, should the website have screwed the pooch, you have time to make them fix it.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Laund-o-rama Mama View Post
                      Ah, yes, the people who have no concept of a website vs. brick-and-mortar store. One does not mean there must be the other.

"Hey, can you tell me how to get to Amazon?"
                      "Oh yeah, sure. Just get back on the road, take a left at Ebay, keep going and turn right at Craigslist. Amazon is conveniently located between Google and Facebook."

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        "Oh yeah, sure. Just get back on the road, take a left at Ebay, keep going and turn right at Craigslist. Amazon is conveniently located between Google and Facebook."

Oh I can tell them how to get to it... but they'll have a hell of a time getting past Security there.

Comment

I don't get why the internet is so hard for some people to use.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                            I don't get why the internet is so hard for some people to use.
                            Probably because it requires thinking, reading, following directions and paying attention to what you are doing, all of which are concepts a lot of people have difficulty with nowadays.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post

you are less evil than me... I'd give them directions to the river
                              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                              X