This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My manager fired a customer! (long)

One of the best moments in a CSR's life happened on tuesday, we got rid of a problem customer. A guy who comes in periodically and always buys things through either his airline discount or his buddies shop account "whatevers cheaper"
    ie: an entitlement whore bought brake pads and rotors for his oddball jeep application on monday. Well the rotors weren't the most common so we had to bring them in from a secondary supplier, so my boss who brought them in for him asked if he was sure he needed the rotors, customer tells him yes, so he brings them in and after buying them and the cheapest pads available he seems happy and leaves. Of course he comes back on tuesday holding his receipt and two brake rotors and this awesome exchange ensues.

CB = Cranky Bastard

M = Manager

Me = me

CB - "I didn't need them"

M - (on phone) "They're a special order part" (to me)

Me - "I'll just let him talk to you once he's off the phone"

M - "I brought those in special order from the supplier so to return them I'd need to charge a 15% restocking fee" (would amount to about $15 as it was about $100 for the two rotors)

CB - "WHAT!? thats bullshit, how could I know I wouldn't need them?"

M - "You asked me to bring them in and I did, it costs us money to to return these to the supplier"

CB - "I'm not leaving til I get my money!"

M - "Then you'll be here until we close"

So anyways it goes on like this for a few minutes with him trying to get me involved and such, meanwhile a shop customer of ours had walked in and recognized this guy from screwing him over in the past. The SC recognizes him as well and asks him if hes ever been charged a restocking fee, he replies with a smirk on his face "no just you". So the manager finally goes over snatches his receipt from his hand and tells him he'll give him his money back but to never come back. SC agrees to this and then asks me for head offices phone number so he can report my manager so I give it to him and he storms out. So long story short the customer who was in the store calls our head office and backs us up and when the regional manager calls the manager back he sides with us after hearing what a twit this guy was (always returning stuff and being downright nasty on a few occasions). "Sounds like we don't want this guys business" when my manager responded in the affirmative he replied with "I'll try to explain that to him when I call him",hooray! theres still a bit of common sense left in corporate. Well theres my rant sorry about the length.

It's not the length of the rant, but the feeling of joy you get for telling it.
    A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

My manager fires customers every once and a while. He never actually enforces a ban, (unless the man's been caught with his hand in the tip jar,) he usually just says something along the lines of, "Dude, if you're gonna be this much of a jerk every time you come in, you're gonna have to find somewhere else to eat. This is not cool." Usually this is because he as the manager is frequently cooking and on the register, so he receives a fair amount of abuse from people who think he's just a cashier.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Working...
      X