This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must log in as owner

Part of my job is tech-support for a website where citizens of the country I live in can see information on mostly any property in the nation. Some information is available to the general public, but most requires that you log in with a code registered on your CPR - which I guess is basically our version of an SSN - to prove that you own the property in question and are allowed to see these things.

And this mail just hit our inbox:
    Hello

I just received a pincode which allows me to log into [sitename], but I have a problem. No matter which property I search for, most of the fields that should contain information read "Owner only - you must log in as property's owner to access this information".

The only property I can see all information on is my own.

Even though I HAVE logged in.

Not decidedly sucky, but still...

EDIT: And of course I forgot to mention the icing on the cake: The reply e-mail address this guy had entered into the "Ask a question" form was either invalid or mistyped, so we couldn't even send him an answer.
    Last edited by Xarthedia; 02-17-2007, 04:47 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Whoever said that "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.

seems to me he's answering his own question...but then i'm a logical thinker....
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      seems to me he's answering his own question...but then i'm a logical thinker....
      My thoughts exactly.

Admittedly, the site doesn't say that you have to be logged in as "this property's owner", only "property's owner", but still... If he can see the data on his own property, and not the data on those owned by anyone else, wouldn't that tidbit make it obvious?

I guess not.
      "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

Whoever said that "Nothing is impossible" never tried to slam a revolving door.

Comment

Working...
      X