This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal space for Cashiers

A lot of the customers I get Grab the bags directly out of your hand instead of you waiting to put their groceries on the counter or they do the opposite where you put the items on the counter and ask if they can take their groceries, which I would give them a bit more credit for. You also get the ones who reaches over the counter and grabs bags without asking. Isn't the polite thing to do is not reach for things that aren't in front of you. Our bags are free of charge and they take too much advantage of that.
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
    Isn't the polite thing to do is not reach for things that aren't in front of you. Our bags are free of charge and they take too much advantage of that.
    yes...but far too many customers do not grasp the concept of "polite."

And if they can get something for free they will take it. Doesn't matter whether or not they actually need it. Greedy bastards.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

for my next social experiment...

I usually have fun with the customers, and boggle their minds a bit...I'd ask for their paper waste in the carts (they can clean the rest if they like...especially the discarded plastic cups, tissues, and a full diaper (j/k on the diaper...maybe)...organize their orders, even if I don't need to...just to retool them. most people's lives are too routine...so it seems interesting when they do something out of the ordinary (ever be it so minute).
      HI, I'M NEW TO ALL OF THIS wave of approval ™©®

Comment

Tell me about it. Had a bag wrap around my wedding ring and get stuck. The woman was pulling on it over and over again, causing me pain as she tries to remove my finger with each yank.

charming people I'm telling you.
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

I also like how they reach over the register and take your pen to write a check, completely ignoring the pen attached to the counter next to them.

Comment

Quoth 0oAmericanGirl View Post
            I also like how they reach over the register and take your pen to write a check, completely ignoring the pen attached to the counter next to them.
            The few times I had to cashier at the Odd Lots, I'd tell people who grabbed my register pen, "I'm sorry, that pen is dry." They'd give it back without trying it every time. Of course, I didn't cash much, so I can't swear it will work every time, but it looks better (if not as satisfying ) than swatting their hands and saying, "No!"
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Working...
            X