This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello? Life on the line here!

As I mentioned in a another thread, on Monday we had a guy pass out in our pharmacy. He was completely out cold and makign snorting noises as if he was trying to breathe. I suspect he had a heart attack because another customer who happened to be right there was performing CPR on him.

Another customer wasn't so understanding. She bellowed to the people behind the pharmacy counter "Can't you roll him over to the side or something? I need to pick up my prescription!"

I guess that's the kind of thing you can say when you're not the one clinging to life, or know the person clinging to life.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Are you joking???

I mean, I know you're not, but for frig's sake, you have GOT to be kidding me! I think I'd have thown her into the street!

Comment

It's a shame they let people like that out in public with the rest of us respectful and situationally aware individuals.
      I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
      "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Sucky pharmacy lady

I would have handed her the prescription, along with a request not to ever darken the doorstep of the store again. I also would have exercised my "right to refuse service to anyone."

-Elle
        You can have your own opinions, but you can't have your own facts.

"I hope you get hit by a bus and beaten by hockey-stick-wieldling pygmies." - IMA

Comment

I may or may not have even dug up her hardcopy for her. God, what a bitch.

Comment

"Certainly lady, just step right this way..."

You'd think she'd have just a /tad/ more respect for someone who's suffering.
            Last edited by IT Grunt; 02-21-2007, 08:01 PM.
            A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

That person is ripe for a GTFO.
              Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

And you just know that if somethign happened to her she would be wanting all the stops pulled out for her, regardless of how put out it makes everyone else.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  Another customer wasn't so understanding. She bellowed to the people behind the pharmacy counter "Can't you roll him over to the side or something? I need to pick up my prescription!"
                  Remember the Fire at Work Today thread, where you said

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh
                  That reaffirms my faith in humanity a little bit.
                  and I said

I think at least when it comes to actual medical emergencies people tend to find their inner, well, human.
                  ?

Well, I take that back.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

"Can't you roll him over to the side or something? I need to pick up my prescription!"
                    "Me, me, me . . . Can't you see that I'm the one suffering here?" [/end sarcasm]
                    This area is left blank for a reason.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
                      "Me, me, me . . .
                      What opera ya singin' there, you ungrateful cur?
                      /not usually a bitch...
                      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I betcha her prescription wasn't even those vital ones (i.e.blood thinners, heart meds etc....)
                        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          I'm speechless with rage towards that woman.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

This seems like it would be a great source for song lyrics.

Specifically 'Why Does This Always Happen To Me?' by Weird Al.

Seriously lady, someone's possibly, ya know, dying. Your meds can wait five minutes.
                            Character flaws aren't a philosophy -Scott Adams

Comment

Quoth BusBus View Post
                              I betcha her prescription wasn't even those vital ones (i.e.blood thinners, heart meds etc....)
                              Bonus points if it was a wrinkle cream or yeast infection stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X