Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess manners are a BAD thing in your world....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess manners are a BAD thing in your world....

This happened a couple of weeks ago.

This lady comes in with about 6 kids. Now, all the kids have gift cards and they want to pay for their own things with their own gift cards. Fine. So, to make a long story short...I spend about a half hour ringing all thier crap through because they keep wanting to change things and whatnot. I am still ok with this, as the kids are nice. When I am finally done, the smallest of the kids (about 7 years old) says in the cutest voice ever "thank you very much". Aww....it is nice when kids say "thankyou" wthout having to be prompted by an adult. I am about to say "your welcome" when the mother pipes up and says in a nasty voice "don't thank HER, SHE didn't buy this stuff for you"!

OMG! All the kid was doing was being appreciative! I can't believe the mother scolded her child for being polite!

Amazing! What a bitch!
    "If it offends one person, it effects everyone".....me, on the PC world in which we dwell.

Wow, do you work in the same place I do? Hehe. Sadly, I've grown used to such behavior by adults.
    If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

I would have smiled my sweetest smile (those that know me acknowlege this a a signal that someone is about to meet a sudden and painful demise) and said "You're very welcome, sweetie! It's so nice to see such a polite child when there are so many rude people out there."
      "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I really hope that little girl retains her politeness.

::really, really hoping::
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Well, the child is more mature then the parent, that's for sure. Geez what a .

Comment

it's great to see the child has a better sense of right/wrong than the parent.

as for the 'mother...' and done.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

It goes along the lines of parents at fast food restaurants: "Don't pick that up, junior; that's what the employees do." Yeah, teach them not to clean up after themselves.
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
              X