This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preparing for Unlikely Occurrences & More

Customer: What happens if a storm comes inside my house & blows up my TV?

Customer: I had some friends stop by last week & they took off with my remote! So…how do I turn the channels now?

Customer: Let’s get this going! I need to hurry…you’re really taking your time, missy.
    Me: OK, let’s get you scheduled, sir.
    Customer: Whoa, whoa, you’re getting ahead of yourself there, little lady! Slow down!

Customer: I can’t deal with my daughter if the TV ain’t on.

Customer: I ordered a movie last night…could you tell me if that’s all I did? I was sleepy.
    The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Quoth Phone Jockey View Post

Customer: I ordered a movie last night…could you tell me if that’s all I did? I was sleepy.
    "Hmm...records indicate that you changed your name to "Alice", married a showgirl in Vegas, killed a man in Reno...took his wallet, ordered two more PPVs, and joined Scientology...anything else I can help you with?
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Quoth ominousoat View Post
      "Hmm...records indicate that you changed your name to "Alice", married a showgirl in Vegas, killed a man in Reno...took his wallet, ordered two more PPVs, and joined Scientology...anything else I can help you with?
      HAHAHAHA! Since she was a female customer, I should have definitely said the part about marrying a showgirl!

I figured maybe I could have told her that she 'slept with' the wrong man & that he had crabs, but yours is better.
      The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

Customer: I had some friends stop by last week & they took off with my remote! So…how do I turn the channels now?
        First one: Get pictures, send to your insurance.
        Blush when the insurance company laughs in your face and points out the 'acts of god' clause.

Second: You got fingers, yes?
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Step one: Get new friends who don't steal your stuff.

Step two: Think about the channel you want. If the TV doesn't immediately change for you, yell at it for a while, swear at it, call it names, tell it to stop being ridiculous, demand to speak to its manager, threaten it with lawsuits, and declare that you'll have its job. That's what you usually do to get your way, isn't it?
          I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
          - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
          - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
            Step two: Think about the channel you want. If the TV doesn't immediately change for you, yell at it for a while, swear at it, call it names, tell it to stop being ridiculous, demand to speak to its manager, threaten it with lawsuits, and declare that you'll have its job. That's what you usually do to get your way, isn't it?

Good one
            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
              Step one: Get new friends who don't steal your stuff.

You must learn the ways of the Force.

Comment

I've found my cable to be the Empire of cable tv........

I love Dan Akroyd's "the dish is a disease!" slogan.............I always want to tell my friends to join the dark side and get their cable back.

Sorry, can't resist starting a Star War's quirp chain......and a Dan Akroyd moment....lol.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Make sure to keep your doors and windows locked. It really helps to keep out intruders.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Customer: I can’t deal with my daughter if the TV ain’t on.
                    That's just too sad for words. Poor child.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

HAHAHAHA! Since she was a female customer, I should have definitely said the part about marrying a showgirl!

I figured maybe I could have told her that she 'slept with' the wrong man & that he had crabs, but yours is better.
                      Diamonds are pretty, but herpes is forever.

Anyway.

If someone berated me for going too fast the moment after going too slow, I think I would alternate my speech patterns sentence to sentence.

"Let'sgetyousigneduponcredittermscanIhaveyourcompa nyaccountplease?"

"....Please.....tell.....me......your.......billin g..............address....."
                      Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

Working...
                      X