This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever hear of assault?

I don't know if it was the rain today or what, but we had a damn doozie of an incident this morning at the Service Desk.

Started innocently enough: a young pregnant lady came to the desk to fill out a paper for a Western Union transaction. I page the office person on duty this morning (known as Rainbow, for her delightfully ecclectic taste in mutlicolor jewelry and headbands.) Another woman is waiting off to the side. So far, so good.

It wasn't to be. Next thing I hear out of the corner of my ear (and my view was obstructed partly due to the cigarette case being behind me on the register on one side of the kiosk, while the CS desk is perpendicular and basically around the corner from me) is a rather heated exchange between the other lady and Rainbow.

Rainbow came flying over to my register and paged for Opie to come up front NOW and was terribly upset. She then went back to the CS desk while myself and the other cashier are trying to get customers out the door as quickly as we could.

I hear more yelling, and as I had just finished up w/my customers, peeked aorund the corner to see the phone receiver FLYING over the counter. Rainbow is shaking mad, to the point of tears, and again grabs a microphone to page Opie again.

Opie comes up after the second page, asking what was going on. Rainbow tells him that those two ladies (who were fleeing out the door) had copped an attitude with her, the older lady had tapped her on the forehead and snatched the phone receiver out of her hand and threw it at her.

What is Opie's reponse, you wonder? "Let me know when they come back in."

Useless sack of puss he is. Rainbow got disgusted and went into the office.

Just a few minutes later, a police officer showed up to speak with Rainbow about the incident. I found out from the other cashier (who was running Express on the other side of the kiosk from me what happened, since she had a better view.)

Apparently the older lady was the young girl's mother. Young girl was filling out the form for Western Union. Rainbow was waiting at the counter for the girl to finish and had looked over at the form to make sure she was filling in the information correctly.

The mom didn't like the way that Rainbow was looking at the girl (Rainbow may have been squinting a bit, but I suspect that was probably the extent of it) and just started blessing her out.

Rainbow explained that she was looking at the paperwork to make sure it was being done correctly. Mom wouldn't listen and started off on a tangent about how they were always being watched when they came into the store b/c people thought they were shoplifters and that they actually spend money every time they come in, even if it's in food stamps . . .yadda yadda ad naseam.

Mom leaned over the counter and tapped Rainbow on the forehead.

Rainbow flew over to the register to call Opie up front and went back to grab the phone to call the police. Mom walked over and tapped her again on the forehead and snatched the receiver from Rainbow and threw it at her before running out the door w/her daughter in tow.

Apparently Mom wasn't very smart, as their address and phone number is listed on the Western Union form, which I heard Rainbow gave to the officer who came to take the report. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of explaining to do when somebody gets a visit from the cops.

If I hear of an update, I'll definitely post this . . . I for one would like to see this woman get a new friend. Preferably a cellmate named Big Bertha.
    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

I hope that the SC gets assault charges.

Comment

I'm afraid I woulda broke that gal's face for that. Man, I'm pissed just reading it, that is SO obnoxious.
      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

It's a shame that people are so paranoid about their lives that they have to get violent.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
          It's a shame that people are so paranoid about their lives that they have to get violent.
          From what I heard today at work, it's more like a guilty conscience, as this woman turns out to be one of our regular shoplifters.

Yet she spends money with us every time she visits.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Yeah, I suppose she'd rack up the bond charges. <_<
            Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

Working...
            X