Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Peeing in line (yes, you read that right)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peeing in line (yes, you read that right)

Many many moons ago i worked at a theme park in southern California (they make various jams and jelly's). At this park i was a rides operator on one of the oldest (and most dilapidated ) rides in the park, kingdom of the dinosaurs. I am working the loading position (where we let the cattle...i mean people through the turn style) when i hear this strange sound, like water being poured out of one bottle into another. I investigate further and see a mother holding a Gatorade bottle at her kid's waist level....i think you know where this is going. Embarrassed, i look away, not wanting to draw attention to them. nothing came of it...thankfully.

Please, please, please, if you are a parent, and you have a kid, make sure they performed these duties BEFORE you get in line for a ride, especially one that you know has a wait time of over an hour (KOD regularly had 2+ hour wait times because of the slowness of the ride). If the kid ABSOLUTELY HAS TO GO, please take them out of the line. You can even ask one of the rides ops if you can come back up the exit (we have done this for guests who were really nice). I don't wanna see that, and i know the other guests don't want to see that.

Now to get out the brain bleach, so i never have to think about it again!

After reading various horror stories about bodily functions on this site, i'd be grateful that the mother had the gatorade bottle. On the bright side, she didn't give the full bottle to you to throw away.

Comment

I had guy friends that used to pee in bottles in the van on band road trips. One guy even used to pee out the window while the van was moving. It's scary being the driver, trying to go as straight as possible while the drummer is hanging out the window, doing his thing.

The nice thing about being the driver? I had to pee, we were stopping.
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

*writes note to self for theme park survival*

Bring......lots........of......empty.....bottles.. ....

Comment

You could just wear a diaper like the crazy astronaut woman.

Comment

All I can say is, I'm glad the kid wasn't peeing on the ground.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I find it ironic that the oldest ride in the place was the Dinosaur ride
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Good thing junior didn't wet himself on the ride or whip it out and give everyone on the ride a Golden Shower!!
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                  All I can say is, I'm glad the kid wasn't peeing on the ground.
                  A guy I worked with at the home improvements store told me he once caught a kid whipping it out and peeing in the middle of the aisle. Worse yet, the kid's father was right there letting him do it.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Shameful

And to think you need a license to have a dog...
                    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

When I worked my first round of playoffs I had an amusing incident. I was walking up to the building and decided to cut through by going up a hill and through some trees. Little did I realize that I scared the crap out of a woman peeing in that area. Also at the party venue, it is normal to see people sneak into the woods to do their bodily business or drugs.
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

My daughter would get nervous. Especially if it were a ride she hadn't been on before, it never failed, even after a trip to the bathroom first we'd get to the front of the line and she'd have to pee. It didn't take long to realize it was a delay tactic.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                        ~Clerks

Comment

Well as parent I can tell you that little kids do not go to the bathroom on demand. You can take one to the potty and a few minutes later they will say they got to go again. Trust me it can be a bit of an annoyance and we've done the pee in a bottle trick on road trips before as well.

Like was said earlier at least nobody got hurt or wet and she didnt hand you the bottle to deal with or just toss it to the side.

Comment

I work with a very nice gentleman who apparently has a side business of selling perfumes based on essential oils. Usually these smell pretty good; there's a sandalwood scent in particular that I like. He sits across the aisle from me, so I have a ringside seat, so to speak.

He has something today that smells exactly like someone peed on the carpet. It is giving me the mother of all headaches.
                            He loves the world...except for all the people.
                            --Men at Work

Comment

Quoth Rahmota View Post
                              Well as parent I can tell you that little kids do not go to the bathroom on demand. You can take one to the potty and a few minutes later they will say they got to go again.
                              Actually, my kids can reliably be counted upon to "produce" a little any time I herd them into a bathroom, and then they're at least good for an hour or two afterwards. (son is 8, daughter is 5)
                              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                              X