This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• but these aren't our clothes!

i just started working guest service, so of course i get to hear stories about all the nice people who try to make crappy returns. this story didn't happen to me, but one of my friends told me.

so, about a week ago, this lady came up to guest service trying to return HOLLISTER shirts at our store. i definitely don't work at hollister. it's the red shirt and khaki pants store. anyway, hollister apparently wouldn't take back these shirts, so she decided to return them to us. she cut out the tags and SUPERGLUED some of our tags in there.

why would anyone try to pull that? i just don't get it...

Quoth we'vegotawinner
    why would anyone try to pull that? i just don't get it...
    Because she thought that you were as stupid as she was so you would fall for such an asinine ploy. She probably thought she was being very clever. Her little brain could not fathom that someone might be smart enough to figure out her scheme.

The harebrained acts of her type could fill volumes.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

Please tell me you declined her return...

Comment

ahh a fellow bullseye returns employee yea thye do that to me all the time too glue boxes shut glue tags on. Best was when a lady tried to return a box of diapers that she'd lovely refolded after they were used. you coudl smell em a mile away and she thought she'd get away with it.

That is why we keep germx at every register! and windex.
        "Hello, my name is Niki....Jessica."
        "Oh we're a lot of things Niki, but we're not crazy." Jessica, Better Halves
        Niki's Chronicles

Comment

Quoth amarisse
          ahh a fellow bullseye returns employee yea thye do that to me all the time too glue boxes shut glue tags on. Best was when a lady tried to return a box of diapers that she'd lovely refolded after they were used. you coudl smell em a mile away and she thought she'd get away with it.

That is why we keep germx at every register! and windex.
          EWWWW!!!! That's disgusting.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Return used diapers? What a sick f**k!!
            "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

People do this at my store all the time and some of the cashiers take back just about anything. Most of the time, the cashiers don't bother to verify that it's our clothing when someone brings back like a shirt and has the tags separate from the clothing. It's frustrating when I have to go through the returns and pull out Walmart, Target, etc clothing and I can't figure out who keeps taking the stuff back.

Ugh, and someone tried to return used diapers?! EEEEW!

Comment

Some one tried to return Blockbuster games, and Pay-Less shoes at out local WM. Nothing quite as bizarre as the used diapers though. <gag>

Comment

The worst return attempt I ever got was someone who brought in a Sopranos box set to the Chesterfield store. I spent a good twenty minutes trying to get it to ring in the register, with no luck, before flipping it over and reading the UPC, which stated, clearly "This movie has been edited for content". I look at the customer and say "This isn't a movie we sell. I would suspect it came from a WalMart. We have never sold edited versions of the Sopranos."
                  Quick and easy once I found that bit, luckily.
                  "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Someone returned some 'Pup Corn' treats for dogs with the reason being "Pooch didn't like it." I thought you were only supposed to return consumables if they were defective in some way! There was nothing wrong with the PupCorn itself, it's just her dog didn't like it. If my dogs didn't like a treat, we didn't give them that treat anymore. Plain and simple!

Now the PupCorn was damaged out so no one else can buy that canister of it.

Comment

At my store we're not supposed to take back used bedding but for some reason somebody did. When a friend of mine was checking this quilt over, she untwisted it and found out that it had recently been washed because it was still wet in the middle; and not only that, there was a pair of mens underwear stuck in it.

Comment

I can't understand why anyone would want an edited version of The Sopranos...?
                        ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

Quoth angelkirie
                          When a friend of mine was checking this quilt over, she untwisted it and found out that it had recently been washed because it was still wet in the middle; and not only that, there was a pair of mens underwear stuck in it.
                          I don't know which is grosser-the used diapers, or the mens underwear wrapped in a blanket.

*Barf*
                          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron
                            I don't know which is grosser-the used diapers, or the mens underwear wrapped in a blanket.

*Barf*
                            At least the underwear was clean hehe

Comment

Quoth CanadaGirl
                              At least the underwear was clean hehe
                              Yeah, but the diapers were in an easy-to-throw-away box, and they were neatly folded up.
                              I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                              X