Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EVERYONE in customer service needs to read this!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVERYONE in customer service needs to read this!

We got an update about this at work this morning, and as the story hasn't broke yet I thought I'd better get the word out ASAP. CNN is launching Fight Back Friday, encouraging viewers to do whatever it takes to fight the "evil" companies out there and not take "No" for an answer. Whether disputing a bill, wanting something free, or whatever it is they think they are entitled to, the article advises people to "talk to as many people as you can until you get someone who sounds like they are willing to help you." They reportedly will be telling people to call in as many times as it takes, demand supervisors and escalate as far up the ladder as possible until we give in.

What in the bloody hell do they think they're doing? This is like the equivilent of delivering a cache of nukes to Osama Bin Laden with a little heart-shaped note saying "Enjoy!"

WTF?!?!
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO

Oh no, please no.

My brain feels numb at the thought of this

Comment

If it's war they want, it's war they get. I suggest we launch TAKE BACK FRIDAY, where we let out everything we've always kept in. How about this be the day we tell entitlement whores and SCs everywhere "GET BENT!"
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh god, oh god. I work on Fridays.

*hides head*

CNN, CURSE YOU!

Comment

You have GOT to be kidding me.

You know what all this coddling of the customer and encouragement of people's entitlement complexes will lead to? Automation in all aspects of customer service. Not, as the SC's think, because self-checkout registers and automated phone systems will "steal people's jobs", but because retail workers will eventually become so abused that companies won't be able to find anyone willing to work with the public anymore. This will force companies to use automation more and more.

God knows, it's already hard enough to find decent workers who are willing to take customers' abuse 40 hours a week. I am so blessed that my husband was willing to take on the role of sole breadwinner so that I could become a SAHM, not only for my childrens' sake, but for my sanity.

Comment

Forgot to add: I don't know why such a stupid idea surprises me, considering the source. Two of the top stories on cnn.com right now are: "Girl can stack, unstack 12 cups in 5.3 seconds" and "Sharpton wants DNA to check for Thurman link". And of course, the Anna Nicole Smith trial. I guess the CNN folks are reduced to making their own news now, because they know this will cause an uproar.

Comment

It's obvious that the idiots at CNN don't realize that enough people do that on a daily basis.

I say we flood CNN's call center that day with complaints of our own...how many members are on this site? This is something www.improveverywhere.com should get a hold of and run with.
              If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
              www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Turn it around and call in sick on Friday.

Found a link:
                http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/22/AM....day/index.html
                Last edited by SuperB; 02-26-2007, 05:13 PM.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
                ~Clerks

Comment

I couldn't find a phone number for CNN but that would be the obvious thing to do, turn their tactics back onto themselves. Keep calling until you get a person who will retract the story.
                  Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                  TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Whatever happened to buyer beware?

I say NO, we as retail workers need to all complain to cnn, share horror stories, direct them here, or to wallyworldsucks.com or other sites. They need to do a piece on US and how WE are treated by the asshats of the world. About how people shoplift, lie and cheat. Get back at the big bad customer.
                    ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

If anybody happens to know what segment or talking head came up with the idea we can flood their email about how stupid of an idea this is.

Comment

Found it:

CNN
                        One CNN Center, Box 105366, Atlanta, GA 30303-5366
                        Phone: 404-827-1500
                        Fax: 404-827-1906
                        Link for email feedback
                        Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                        TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Arg.

Really, its ok to fight for your rights if you are being overcharged or aren't getting the services that you paid for...but I have a feeling that this news story is going to have Tom Dick and Harry calling wanting freebies over piddly things that they caused.

"So what if I reconnected my receiver wrong, I want a credit!"

"So what if I forgot to pay my bill for two months...I want to be reconnected for free!"

Comment

I guess CNN needs filler for those quiet moments in between Anna Nicole updates.

From what I'm reading, it looks like they're targeting cell phone companies, mechanics, and contractors. Of course, this has a way of trickling down into other venues...!

To be honest, I agree that if you're in the right, don't give up. Do what you have to do. If you're getting ripped off, by all means, do something.
                            However, the dark side of this is that there are millions of people who are usually in the WRONG, they know it, and no amount of argument or presentation of sanity will dissuade them.
                            Last thing we need is somebody egging them on into a rabid frenzy of Gimme.
                            ~~*

"No! You can take the kids, but you leave me my monkey." - WALK HARD: THE DEWEY COX STORY

Comment

I wonder if that "Give 'em the pickle!" guy will somehow be involved...
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X