This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth ebonyknight View Post
    I can understand why people are so cautious these days and are seemingly "over-skeptical" of everything.
    There's a law of survival. If something seems too good to be true, it is. Never forget that.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
      Next day, calls from my Bank's Home Office. What's wrong? Well, see, there's this company trying to put money INTO my account. I-N-T-O! So just anybody can take money out, but they want to make sure its ok with you before they allow anyone to put money in????
      Sounds kinda like my old bank. I finally decided to close my account because I was no longer living in the area and I had used it mainly so that my parents could easily give me money if I needed it. Closing my account went like this:

Me: I need to close my accounts.
      Teller: Ok, what is your first name.
      Me: <First name>
      Teller: <Last Name>?
      Me: uh.. yeah.
      Teller: Ok, you have two accounts that totals $XXX.XX dollars. Just sign this paper.
      *Me signs paper*
      Teller: *hands me my money* Have a nice day.

They never asked me for any sort of ID or verification that I was who I said I was. I had thought that since my mom was with me, maybe the teller recognized my mom, but she said that she'd never seen the teller before. Made me feel real safe about having had my money in that bank.

Comment

Quoth technical.angel View Post
        I just googled the number they gave, and came across either PFB or Ripoff report. I can't remember which.

Still didn't come up. They may have set up a new shop, when I got the letter. Like I said, it looked completely legit. At least there were no complaints against any of the info I had.

But like Raps said, it was too good to be true, so I was skeptical.

Comment

When I finally got my ex to get out of my house (ooo boy), he apparently made sure he had my card #.
          I guess I should consider myself lucky that mine didn't do the same thing. She did, however, manage to get a hold of my spare card while she was in the process of leaving. She must have grabbed it while I was in the shower, because about the only times I don't have my wallet on me are when I'm sleeping or in the shower. While she was still living with me, I pretty much slept with one eye open, so I doubt she did it then.

Fortunately, I noticed it missing before she had a chance to use it, and called it in. Then she had the nerve to call me up and ask me for money. I asked her, "What's the matter? The card you stole from me wouldn't work?"

I really wish I could have seen the look on her face when she tried to use it and the machine ate it.

T'was better to use his own idiocy against him in the end.
          So how did you end up doing that? I'm sure there's an exciting story there.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Lehk View Post
            my bank was Fleet Bank before they got bought out by Bank of America

only difference i notice is more ATM locations
            Mine was First Union, before they merged with Walk-All-Over-You, so I know just how you feel.

Of course, soon I'll be going through similar w/the ISP, as HellSouth merged with the Big Blue Ball recently and they are gradually changing the name to that of their original parent company.

Confusing, isn't it? It's enough to make even Confuscious have a swimmy head.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
              Somewhat along these lines...has anyone been following what AT&T has been doing with its subsidiaries and spin-offs? If not, for the past few months, they've been spinning off, or selling some of their subsidiaries.
              I liked the way Marketplace described it. Along the lines of "The Ma Bell family tree has a lot of incest in it."

Comment

Working...
              X