Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You MIGHT go home after 4 hours EVEN IF you're throwing up all over the place

At Wal-Mart we have a stupid policy that states that IF you get sick during your shift then you MIGHT be able to home BUT only after 4 hours have passed & ONLY IF a member of management approves it. OTHERWISE it counts against you.
    The other day an electronics sales associate didn't feel good so he asked the store manager if he could go home. Store mananger said..."No, we need you here. Suck it up!"...Honest to goodness, that's what he said. So the sales associate waited an hour & went to the breakroom & grabbed a trashcan where he started throwing up into it. The store manager just happened to be in the smoke room & saw what was happening & he comes flying out & says...."Ugh, I think you better go home NOW!" The sales associate looks at him & says..."I told you I didn't feel good!" Store manager looked a little green after that.....lol.
    Last edited by KuzcoLlama; 02-27-2007, 04:18 PM.

Bold for a reason? :/

Comment

You think that's bad? They (Kroger) make us have a stupid doctor's note even if we're gone for just one day, and I had to pay twenty frickin' dollars to get it (on top of the four days of lost wages). I wonder if I should file a union grieveance...

Comment

Where I work, you have to stay SIX hours of an eight-hour shift before being allowed to leave early, and that's only with a manager's approval, or else it counts against you.
        He loves the world...except for all the people.
        --Men at Work

Comment

"At Wal-Mart we have a stupid policy that states that IF you get sick during your shift then you MIGHT be able to home BUT only after 4 hours have passed & ONLY IF a member of management approves it. OTHERWISE it counts against you."

Great thinking, Wal-Mart management! Way to start an epidemic.

Nimrods.

Comment

I can't stand Walmart. They show these cute little commercials with the cute little smiley face flitting around the store. What they don't tell you is about the stupid cheering sessions they have before opening, the crappy way they treat their employees, and how they drive other people out of business. I pay more and go somewhere else.

Comment

Screw the trash can, he should have hurled on the manager.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

How freaking stupid. As if people decide when they're going to be sick.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                  How freaking stupid. As if people decide when they're going to be sick.
                  Problem is, some people do decide when they're going to be "sick" - so then they don't believe anyone, until you actually hurl on them.
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Meh. Boss-man's attitude is as long as he's not paying anyone for it we can take as many days off as we want.
                    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I don't know about hurling ON the manager. They are just following the policy laid out to them by corporate to enforce.

Now, if you could find the corporate idiot who MADE the policy... that might be different.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

This is one thing I love about my job. I got sick on Friday. It came on very suddenly at work...no vomiting, thank heavens, but I was sneezing and coughing so it sounded like I would hack up a lung. My eyes were swollen and my sinuses, fever...ugh. My boss came over and ordered me to take the rest of the day off: "And you're not coming in tomorrow either. Go home and get well!"

She knows I'm stubborn and would probably die in my office chair before asking to go home ill.

I'm with the rest...next time, the manager needs to be the one getting hurled on. That's just cruel.
                        My dollhouse blog.

Blog about life

Comment

I knew two people who worked for the same manager at Blue Cross. One of them got hepatitis A and was pretty sick, her doc wrote her a note to stay home. The manager told her "You come to work and I'll decide if you're sick or not". A month later another woman in the office was pregnant, she got high blood pressure and was ordered to stay home on bed rest. He used the same line on her: "You come to work and I'll decide if you're sick or not". This problem of high blood pressure in pregnancy can be fatal, it's a serious deal. The doctor called him up and reamed him a new one, among other things he reported the guy for practicing medicine without a license.
                          Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the restraints...
                          TASTE THE LIME JELLO OF DEFEAT! -Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth po'drph View Post
                            I can't stand Walmart...

... the crappy way they treat their employees, and how they drive other people out of business.

PLEASE EDIT QUOTES
                            Yeah, I had a friend who suffered at walmart for 5 years before he finally quit when he went off to college. I saw his name on the "Walk of Shame" last time I was back home visiting.

A guy he worked with up and quit one day, and on his way out the door he grabbed the intercom and said "Welcome to Wal-Mart! Your home for cheap plastic Sh*t!"
                            Last edited by Ree; 04-08-2007, 08:48 PM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
                            "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth skeptic53 View Post
                              The doctor called him up and reamed him a new one, among other things he reported the guy for practicing medicine without a license.
                              That's awesome! Go doctor
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X