This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presenting another shining example of classic stupidity

This customer called in this morning demanding that I change her phone number without charging her for it because this "crazy girl" was calling her and had already somehow figured out her new number. She said she has changed her number 10 times in 6 months and she keeps getting the number every time. The customer reasoned that she must know someone who works for the company and gives her the number. I looked at her account and we had changed her phone number not 10 minutes before she called me, and no one had called in or otherwise accessed her account information since then. I told her I couldn't imagine how this person already got her new number, and she said this:

"I don't know how she does it, but she gets it every time. I called her to let her know I changed my number and she can't call me anymore, and she said she already had it! How that's even possible, I don't know, but she did it!"

Me: Wait... so you called her... after you changed your number?

"Yeah, cause I wanted to let her know that she couldn't bother me anymore!"

ME:

Just to avoid picking a fight with this woman, I told her I would change her number without charging her one last time, and that after this she would need to file a police report and let them handle it. I also told her that to avoid the other party obtaining her new number it would be a wise move to not call her so she couldn't get it on her caller ID, and that it was generally a good idea to not call or otherwise contact a person at all if they are harrassing her.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Not the brightest bulb in the knife drawer. Though I suppose I should be fair. Caller ID has only been around for about 15 years.
    "Magic sometimes sounds like tape." - The Amazing Johnathan

Comment

OH. MY. LORD.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I love how its always someone else's fault.

Comment

>_o

o_<

.................................................. .......

"Hi, Mr. Stalker. Sorry I moved away so you can't follow me any longer and scratch messages in my car windshield and shove notes under my front door. I just wanted to send you this note to let you know. *PUT RETURN ADDRESS*"

Why, oh why, do we prevent natural selection from taking its course?
          Saving the planet and everything on it is certainly a daunting task; but see, push has come to shove...Let's roll.

- Inga Muscio

Comment

Quoth ToasterQueen View Post

Why, oh why, do we prevent natural selection from taking its course?
            Entertainment value.

Right now I'd like to call up that idiot and say "Hello? You're a stupidhead!"
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Entertainment value.

Right now I'd like to call up that idiot and say "Hello? You're a stupidhead!"
              Only to have them peek out their office window and see you standing at the payphone?

"Homer, is that you?"

Obscure Simpsons reference! Woohoo!

---

This is just like the customers who come in to my department for a new computer. They want a new one because the old one was infrected with viruses and spyware thanks to a lack of security software. Once they pick out the computer, I offer a security set-up from our techs. It's fine if they say they'll do it themselves because I at least know they understand the necessity of it now. But it's an entirely different story when they say, "No, I don't need any of that." But that's why you're buying a new computer? Don't you want to prevent the same problem from happening again?

Stupid.
              I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
              - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
              - IPF

Comment

That chick is enjoying the drama. She doens't WANT the other chick to stop calling. She's getting off on the conflict.

Why the hell else would she call the chick to gloat that she changed her number?

Sounds like what happens when two psychobitches colide.

Comment

We get Phone Crazies all the time (bonus points for the reference). It's always hilarious when people call in because either the government or aliens are listening to their calls. It's even more hilarious when you realize they are dead serious.

The wackiest thing I've ever heard was about a year ago. This guy on my shift got a call from a guy who wanted to know what tower he was registered to at a specific time the previous day. He checked the call records and found the one closest to that time and told him were the tower was. The guy said "That's where they got me!" He said "they" used our tower to zap his credit card info out of his wallet.

The killer was when he said they also zapped the cash out of his wallet.
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I just lost a few brain cells..

yep, I did.

Comment

OMFG is it possible for the human species to sink to such depths of utter stupidity?
                      Oh wait human species...right

Comment

Uhm...guys? Could someone help me catch my brain? It lept out of my head and is now running aroung going "Yipe! Yipe! Yipe!" all over the place.

Just when you thought these people couldn't get any @#$%ing dumber you fond one that is too stupid to qualify for the position of village idiot.

M
                        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Working...
                        X