This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's your holiday, not mine...

As i runa newsagents we deliver newspapers. One of the most common things we have a problem with is when people cancel for holidays.

Last month, a man came in with a note and said he wanted to cancel while he was away during february. He produced the note and read off it.

SC: I want a morning paper on the 12th and then nothing else until the 28th.

I got out the big diary and started to write on the current page.

SC: No, I'm not going until the 12th. you need to write it in on the 12th.
    Me: No, we always write them on the day you come in and then at the end of each day, I put everything into the computer.
    SC (grudgingly) OK

I wrote in his account number, name and 12th - 27th inclusive.

SC: No, I don't want papers on the 27th. I said 28th. Are you stupid or something?
    Me: No sir, we always write in the inclusive dates you are away. That way any of us can look at the diary and know instantly what it means.

(we have over 2000 delivery customers so having a system is very very important)

Anyhoo, the customer still wasn;t convinced that we had got it right so I asked for, and got, the note he had written which i sellotaped to the page to reassure him we had his dates down correctly.

This morning the customer came in witha foul temper.

SC: I went on holiday on the 4th of February and I've just got back and found a pile of papers at the back of the door because your young man is too stupid to know what he is doing. I want crediting for thos epapers because i'm not paying.
    Boss: Well that isn't like Boggles. Do you recall what happened Boggles?
    Me: Well, the dates i was given will be written in the diary.

The boss duly looked back to the day the customer last paid and there was the dates i wrote down next to the customers note with the same dates written on.

Boss: We've cancelled the dates you told us.
    SC: I didn't write that.
    Boss: It's your hand writing on the back of last months receipt for your account.
    SC: Well, that's beside the point. i was away so didn;t want those papers and am not paying for them.
    Boss: It's not our fault if you give us the wrong dates.
    SC: Well why didn;t you check them?
    Boss: How do you mean?
    SC: Well it's your responsibility to check you have the correct dates. I've got better things to do so if you won't pull your finger out fo your f***ing a**e and credit me, then i will report you.
    Boss: I was going to until you decided to start swearing. Your account in cancelled. We'll send a full final invoice out thios afternoon.

Customer storms and slamming the shop door.

That afternoon we got a phone call from the local paper.

Newspaper Reporter: have you peed off Mr so-and-so?
    Me: Yes, basic nutshell, he cancelled for the wrong dates. Turned abusive and the boss said we weren;t putting up with it. Why?
    NR: He's just turned up in reception demanding we run a story about what a "bunch of stupid b*****ds" you all are down there.
    Me: Oh, are you running it?
    NR: No, security threw him out for shouting and swearing at the receptionist!

Now, can someone tell me I am not being unreasonable in expecting someone to know when they are on holiday and hold their hands up to their own mistake. The total involved was almost a whole four pounds!!
    Good customers are as rare as Latinum. Treasure them. ~ The 57th Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition.

What? You mean you don't have ESP and can tell when Mr. Entitlement changes his mind!?!? </sarcasm>

What an ass. That guy definitely needs a whack with that famous salmon I keep reading about on here.

I'm betting he completely forgot what dates he told you, and was grasping at straws for an excuse to come up with that winner once faced with the truth. Guess he missed that last straw.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Working...
    X