This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old story, but still steams me!!

This lady(sc) came into the store on a saturday night to return a game at the gamestore I was working/3rd key manager at,
    well she got a game on the "buy 2 used, get 1 used free" deal and the return policy states that you have to return all three games because there might be a conflict with the prices blah blah blah another pain in the side corporate policy..
    well, i tell her this and I apologize and tell her it that it is corporate policy,
    she tells me that it sucks, but shes not mad at me, shes mad at the policy.
    so she said she will call later and get our corporate number and talk to them about it.
    well, she calls about two days later and asks me for the number, so i give it to her, figuring she was going to just leave a comment about the policy or a suggestion..
    but what does she do? she went ape crap.
    she tells them that the reason she was so annoyed by all of this was because I "copped" an additude with her (which I didnt, but *OHGAWD* I wish I would have), and because she was going to buy a game for a disabled boy in the store (there was no disabled boy, the boy she was buying the game from was perfectly fine, his grandmother was on an oxygen tank, but thats about it),
    and when she came back with all of the games she was disappointed to see that the boy left and apparently I told her that "Well, he was being a bad boy and didn't deserve it" and that I also called him either a retard or a cripple (WTF?!?), its not clear exactly what i didnt say.
    The only thing I told the woman was that they had to leave because his grandmother was having problems with her tank.
    how the {bleepitywhoa} is that the same thing as what i supposedly told her?
    Corporate was sketchy, they weren't too sure I didn't say it.. because they didn't really know me..
    I had only been working there 3 years!!! I got a lecture on how I should be more professional.. 2 months later I quit. ..ive never been happier..
    {xoxo}
    Last edited by PaperKitty; 03-01-2007, 05:04 AM.

.m.a.k.e. .i.t. .b.e.t.t.e.r.
    {lie.to.me}
    {.x.o.x.o.}
    Lil' Miss Nightmare

How shitty that after 3 years your corporate office couldn't at least back you up to your face (I can understand not saying anything to the SC, but c'mon).
    I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
    "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

how the {bleepitywhoa}
      hehehe...I'm gonna have to remember that one
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
        How shitty that after 3 years your corporate office couldn't at least back you up to your face (I can understand not saying anything to the SC, but c'mon).
        they didnt care about me ..
        they care 'bout numbas baby, numbas..
        *CHINGCHING*

{lie.to.me}
        {.x.o.x.o.}
        Lil' Miss Nightmare

Comment

no offense, but your avatar is truly disturbing *shudder* nearly lost my lunch there
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

hmm, other people have told me that (not on here)
            I guess I am a bit desensitized.
            I have piercings in my face.. and i work at a haunted house during october.
            and i'm pre-med.
            If you seriously can't stand it, i can change it.

{lie.to.me}
            {.x.o.x.o.}
            Lil' Miss Nightmare

Comment

if nobody else minds it, I'll just psych myself up for it. I'm just needle-phobic and it really gives me the willies Don't want to be snarky and make you change it though.
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Yeah, gotta love the customers who lie to get you into trouble.

My one complaint? I can see WHY you would have to return all three games to get a refund. Whats to stop someone from buying two games, get one free, then returning the free game for a refund the never existed in the first place. Especally if they cough an attitude and yell loudly that they never had to bring a recipt to get a refund, and basically bully lesser people into submission.
                Military Spouse Support.
                http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
                Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

Seriously? Just wow. People really suck. There are few things that pi$$ me off more than stupid people, and liars are one of them. I understand complaining about a policy if you don't like it, but outright lying about an employee, potentially costing them their job? How is that ok, especially over the cost of a video game? Grr, people suck.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                  X