This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why this website works....

Tonight I spent 45 minutes in wal-mart for 2 items,during the day,i could expect this and not even notice it,but this was at midnight,and other than picking out my 2 items(diaper wipes,new laptop power cord) I knew where these items were so getting them and getting to the register,shoudnt have been a problem,thats where I went wrong apparently,I had the pleasure of dealing with 4 associates tonight,4 at midnight,while i do not know how they staff,i imagine i spoke to most of the customer help associates(not stockers),anyways i grab the wipes,and cruise to electronics to pick up the power cord.now i had two items,one of which had the flashing alarm on it,so the reasonable customer would assume paying in electronics would be no problem,since they had the equipment to remove AND(this will be important later)knew how to remove devices with said equipment.

I stroll up to the electronics checkout,my first 2 associates of the evening are there,one on the checkout side of the counter(i.e. where the customer puts their items leaning over,showing me an ass crack that trust me,on this lady nobody wanted to see.Well call her Associate 1(A1) A2 is standing at register with a crowd,not a line mind you,a crowd of 4 people,and seem to be just chatting,no items being scanned period,A1 and A2 are apparently friends with the customers,no biggie i quietly wait until A2 finally notices me and A1 finally pulls up her pants and gets off the counter,I show him my box of diaper wipes(the big heavy box,and me with no cart for 2 items )and the flashing laptop power cord,he looks at his friends and says,well you need to go up to the front,offers no explanation why,I simply ask can they remove the alarm,he assures me they can,so i carry my 2 items(15 min at this point) to the front registers.

Now I dont know why I've been so cool up to this point,I have been jerked around,but keep in mind i at no point become what i or i think anybody here would call an SC.so I'm getting checked out,and the lady says shell need the manager to remove the alarm,no big deal,so she hits her light as everyone behind me groans,(2 ppl),so i pay for the items and move aside so A3 can do her duties,the manager( i think she was a manager although i thought they wore red vests not blue ones)comes and takes my power cord to one of the desks at the front of the registers,where i suppose,ummm supervisors;well supervise,and starts to rummage through the drawer,5 minutes same drawer(practicaly empty drawer)comes up with nothing,it dawns upon her that there are other drawers to check and lo and behold,its in the first,so we are at 20 min so far,well she start fiddling with it trying it this way and that,often looking at me to see if i was gonna freak,each time i smiled pleasantly and told her to take her time,she cannot figure this device out,so i asked her VERY politley why i couldnt have been checked out in electronics,she could think of no reason why and made a note of it(there were 2 associates at the electronics counter,with 2 registers)so i keep watching her failed attempts to wrangle free this device,no luck,she takes it to A3 who is no better,finally she calls someone from electronics to the front,they dont call back(wonder why)40 minutes now,and i assure this lady she if fine no need to hurry,as i sit there making small chat for the next 5 minutes,she is still messing with it,and after all this struggling,shes finally decided to just cut it(the alarm cord,which would be loud)i step away,and look as she pulls out the pliers,but she takes one more go with the magnet,and slides it across,and THE GODDAMN THING BASICALY FELL APART,i mean like she had never struggled with it,it just came off that simply.

why i chose the title
    1.I work in convience stores,my service is incredibly fast,i would like reasonably fast service,but when i do get slowed down,if i have a customer screaming at me for taking to long,i get a little nervous,and it takes longer,so if i had done this to her i could still be there now at 3:38 in the a.m.
    2.this lady did me no wrong,she was trying to help,the wrongdoers were in the department where i should have been checked out in,but oh well
    3. and most importantly,I realized why make a big scene there when i can keep my cool come home,vent about it here,and have all you awesome people tell me how incredibly patient i was for my 2 items

You, my friend, have the patience of a saint. I think I might have just taken the thing back to electronics and "disturbed" them again to get it off. Sounds like it would have been quicker. I hope the electronics people were questioned as to why they didn't ring you up in the first place.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
      I think I might have just taken the thing back to electronics and "disturbed" them again to get it off.
      For real, I would have done this.
      I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
      "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
        For real, I would have done this.
        ya but i was hoping a member of electronics would have to come all the way to the front,but they conviently did not hear the page

Comment

Quoth acidtrunks View Post
          ya but i was hoping a member of electronics would have to come all the way to the front,but they conviently did not hear the page
          Yes, well, in a perfect world....I would hope the same thing. Gotta love selective deafness.
          Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 03-01-2007, 07:14 PM. Reason: wha'?

Comment

Watchu say?
            I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
            "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
              Watchu say?
              Huh? WHAT?!

Comment

Working...
              X