This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, I will not wake the guest up

This morning a guy came in who had stayed with us Wednesday night saying that he had left his phone charger in his room. I looked in the lost and found booklet and and didn't find an entry, and the room was currently occupied. The conversation went like this:

Me: Yeah, there is no entry in the lost and found book, and the room is occupied at the moment.
    Him: Well, what are you going to do about this? I need that charger, its my lifeblood. Can't you call or knock on the door?
    Me: Not at 5 in the morning sir.
    Him: So what are we going to do about this?

I went back in the back room and rummaged through the phone charger box (we have some that people have left) and he found one for his phone. If your charger is your "lifeblood" then wouldn't you be more careful to make sure you have with you at all times? You can't expect me to wake up my guests at 5 in the morning because you forgot something.

Quoth cewfa View Post
    If your charger is your "lifeblood" then wouldn't you be more careful to make sure you have with you at all times?
    I keep saying--if it makes sense, it's not allowed.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth cewfa View Post
      If your charger is your "lifeblood" then wouldn't you be more careful to make sure you have with you at all times? You can't expect me to wake up my guests at 5 in the morning because you forgot something.
      My phone and Palm both charge off a USB port. For some reason the phone documentatin doesn't say so. I just noticed the connector was the same and tried it.

USB ports are everywhere. I'll never buy a mobile device that can't be charged from one.
      Proud to be a Walmart virgin.

Comment

I worked the front desk at a resort hotel and actually had a woman send us the bill for a pair of shorts she thought she left in her room. When she called to ask if we got the bill I told her, "Yes, I put it on the manager desk but I need to inform you that when you registered, you signed a statement that the hotel is not responsible for items that you leave behind. They will not reimburse you."

She didn't like that.

"You'd feel a Hell of a lot better if you'd just rip into the occasional customer."
        ~Clerks

Comment

What are we going to do about this?

Here's the directions to the closest big box electronics retailer, they open at 8. Have a nice day!

Comment

I swear at our hotel no one cares about their phone chargers. We literally have a box of at least 50 sitting in the back room of our office and we can't even give them away.
            My Horror Blog

Cinemania

Comment

Yes I know, we can't make sense. Which gets me in alot of trouble sometimes.

Comment

Quoth TruthHurts View Post
                I swear at our hotel no one cares about their phone chargers. We literally have a box of at least 50 sitting in the back room of our office and we can't even give them away.
                I counted the ones we have in a box behind the front desk once, and there were 57. It got the point that if the person was close enough to come in and pick it up, they could go through the box, and if they found one that worked on their phone it was theirs.
                Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

USB ports are everywhere. I'll never buy a mobile device that can't be charged from one.
                  If you find a laptop that can be charged via USB...
                  Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Its your problem

I do LOVE it when customers try to make their stupidity your problem.
                    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
                    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                    X