This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal Shoppers obey the laws of physics

My store offers a personal shopper service. Depending on what you want done the rates vary.

Generally it is used by men. They come in, ask for a suit or whatever. They get measured and the shopper takes them around and helps them pick out outfits.

Or you can call in and the shoppers will pick out some items based on your preferences. A man or woman will call in saying they messed up their suit, or they need somthing quick. We just take a size off an article they already have. We then use a chart to find what that size would be for other manufacturers. Most women out their know a size 2 form one manufacturer can be much different then another.

And the last piece of info is that once you sign for the items, you pay the shopper cost. Even if you return the item you can not get the shopper price refunded.

PS: Personal Shopper
    RA: Returns Associate
    ME:
    SC:

I was off to get me a bag of cookies from the food court when I passed the main customer service desk.

RA: "Sorry ma'am we can not return the money you spent on the service"
    SC: *Fuming* What do you mean the clothes do not fit! I could not use them. Your 'girl' their obviously has no idea what she is doing"

When I move in, I notice she has her nose stuck up in the air like you see the snotty women on the soaps do.

ME: "What seems to be the problem."
    SC: "Don't interrupt"
    ME: "I am her" *points the the RA* "Supervisor"
    SC: "Then you should know that your employees are incompetent. They will not return my money even though she *points to the PS* messed up."
    ME: "How did she mess up?"
    SC: "The clothes did not fit!!!!!~"

I grab the receipt and look it over all the dresses are for a size 4. She is definitely not a size 4. Most likely a 5-6. I look at the paperwork for the personal shopper service. She requested size 4 dresses. And she signed the paperwork.

ME: "According to this, you request size 4. And you did not try on the dresses"
    SC: "If I had time to try on dresses I would not have to use that stupid girl."
    ME: "Ma'am please do not insult our employees. You signed the paper where you confirmed what you asked for size 4s. These are size 4s!"
    SC: "This one is a size 3"

I look at it, its from a brand that knocks the size down a notch to make women feel better about themselves. I spend 20 minutes trying to convince her of that.

SC: "So now you are calling me fat! I am a size 4, she messed up"
    ME: "Ma'am your not a size 4, if they are to tight but you can still get them on you are a 5 or 6. We can measure you if you like to find your real size. Then you can use our chart to find out what size it is depending on the manufacturer"
    SC:
    SC:
    SC:
    SC: "I AM NOT FAT!!!!!, measure me and I will prove it!"

I not to the PS who pulls a measuring tape out of her pocket and starts filling out a little pad of paper as she measures the SC.

PS: "Size 6.5, 38 DD"
    SC:

The PA and RA backs up!

SC: "Can you please pick me out some clothes in a 6.5, when can you have them together" *in an almost defeated tone*
    PS: "3 hours, I have a gentleman coming in at 12:45"
    SC: "That's fine"
    RA: "You know you will have to pay another personal shopper fee"

After she walks off

ME: "I never seen that before"
    RA + PS: *nods of agreement*

Hahahaha. Fatty.

(kidding!)

Lie to your boyfriend all you want but the measuring tape doesn't lie!
    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Who the hell thinks a size 5-6 is fat?! I used to be that size...*sigh*
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Aww, come on. You know it isn't attractive unless you can use her ribs as a xylophone!

(Kidding as well!)

It was more referring to the customer's attitude and reaction. I'm a guy and even I know the difference between a size 3, 4, and 6.

It's just how she immediately pulled out the "I'M NOT FAT!" card when someone tells her she isn't the size she's convinced herself she is.

It's like getting breast implants and blaming the store for measuring you to a size C when the doctor told you that you were upgraded to size D, and wondering why none of the D bras fit. (Yes, I have heard of this happening.)
        "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

The smallest I've ever been as an adult was an 8, and I had no tummy and my hipbones stuck out.

Now I'm a little chunky at 12, but hey, I've got some boobies now.

Comment

There's been at least 2 articles in magazines this month(Cosmo and Glamour, I believe) about how sizes are more and more warped just so all us insecure girls can feel smaller than we are. They compared 2 pairs of the same size/style pants from one manufacturer, one from this season and one from several years ago, and there was over 6 inches difference in the waist measurement. And sizes go to 0 and even 00...what, are we trying to disappear? I find it sad. So I guess it shouldn't surprise me that someone thinks 5-6 is just "too big."
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I wear size medium shirts, 30-32 baggy fit jeans...

Surprised she didn't threaten to go to corporate. Kudos on her part, too, for finally accepting that they did know what they were doing...
              I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
              less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

My youngest daughter is a size 00. The thing about it is she is only 13 though. She is still very tiny built for her age. She prefers to by the size 00 then by kids size clothes that "would never fit in at school"

Comment

Men's clothing has gone the vanity size route too.

Mr. Dips wears jeans with a "33" inch waist. When my oldest younger brother (OYB) offered to sew him some 18th century clothing he asked for Mr. Dips waist size. I measure Mr. Dips waist and it was 36 inches.

Mr. Dips didn't believe it so he told me he wanted a waist band the same size as his jeans, 33 inches. Just to be safe, I measured the waist band on the jeans and it was 36 inches! The inseam was also an inch shorter than stated on the label.
                  The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    Who the hell thinks a size 5-6 is fat?! I used to be that size...*sigh*
                    agreed, i would kill to be that size. T.T
                    History repeats, the names and dates change, but its always the same old story.

Comment

As a seamstress, I can shed some light on this issue.

Until the sixties, clothing manufacturers in western countries used standard sizes. that meant that a size had a specific range that the chest, waist, hips and inseam were. It was a pretty narrow window for each size and it was universal.

Then in the late 70's they abandoned these universal measurements. And as western people got fatter, clothing manufacturers started changing the measurements to make people think they were still wearing their own size when in fact they had gained weight. Plus all the manufacturers did it separately, so now there are no universal measurements on clothes. Each manufacturer uses their own measurements for each size.

Clothing has gone up, on average, two sizes since the sixties. So a piece of clothing that was a size 4 then is now considered to be about a size 8, or so.

This is why, for instance, women will often claim that Marilyn Monroe wore a size 14at one point in her life. Well she did (in Some Like It Hot, she was preggers, it's obvious, she was a bit hefty) but in the fifties that was equivalent to a size ten today!
                      Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

A 38DD chest is a size 6? Since when? Even if she was built like a bird across the back, a size 6 jacket simply doesn't measure 38 inches across -and if she was built like a bird, she wouldn't be wearing a DD bra. Or have i completely mis-understood the original post?

Incidentally, I don't think i could tell the difference between a size 6 and a size 8 woman just by sight. I am impressed by those who can.
                        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                        - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                          A 38DD chest is a size 6? Since when? Even if she was built like a bird across the back, a size 6 jacket simply doesn't measure 38 inches across -and if she was built like a bird, she wouldn't be wearing a DD bra. Or have i completely mis-understood the original post?

Incidentally, I don't think i could tell the difference between a size 6 and a size 8 woman just by sight. I am impressed by those who can.
                          Because of the advent of breast augmentation. You will see dresses that need to support skinny women, so they can show of their figure. But, are able to stuff their unnaturally large breasts inside. The measurements she took where for a particular style in dress where here breast size needed to be taken in account.

Comment

Quoth Daskinor View Post
                            SC: "Can you please pick me out some clothes in a 6.5, when can you have them together" *in an almost defeated tone*
                            PS: "3 hours, I have a gentleman coming in at 12:45"
                            RA: "You know you will have to pay another personal shopper fee"

After she walks off

ME: "I never seen that before"
                            RA + PS: *nods of agreement*
                            Stupd %$#@% thinks you're calling her fat because you think she's a size 6??? And here I thought that was supposed to be the "ideal" size. Oh, that's right--starving to death is considered sexy now.

Comment

That's what I was going to say. Celebrities like Tyra banks can preach all they want about positive body image and healthy weight, but healthy isn't sexy anymore. Not when most girls on her ANTM show are way over 5'6 and all under 105 pounds. Sickening. Oh, and having two plus size models this season? She even said to stop the stereotyping and arguing that only skinny girls are allowed. Yeah.......you pick two plus sized models with all the potential anyone else has....ONLY because you don't want people mad at you?

I hate hypocritical people.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                              X