This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll Dispute the Charges!!

I knew this call was going to be bad when the customer began the call with, "I placed an order on the 20th and its been sitting at one of your warehouses in Atlanta since the 23rd". I pull up the order tracking and explain to the customer his order was placed late evening on the 20th it shipped out the 21rst left our one and only warehouse in Virginia on that day, the most recent tracking information showed that the pkgs had last arrived at a REGIONAL post office sortation center in Atlanta on the 23. I explained how items move through the USPS system on pallets going to simmilar locations and to keep those pallets moving quickly ONLY the items on the outside (easy to reach) get scanned, and this is why packages can keep moving without the tracking info updating as much as we'd like.

I further explained we allow 3-10 business days for standard shipping and his 10th business day will not occur until 3/7. The customer then explained the moment he didn't recieve it on the 7th he'd immediatly dispute the charges. I explained that is was EXTREMELY likely his package would arrive on or before then. But if something did happen per chance I'd let him now how we can easily resolve it so he'd know what to do in that situation. I explained per USPS policy AND our website we MUST allow an additional 4 business days to allow for a USPS delay. If the item still hasn't arrived the CUSTOMER must contact there local post office with the tracking number a) because if the post office has it they can get it to the customer much easier by directly talking and making arragments with them b) we have OVER 10,000 orders a day at it impossible for follow up on every customers order c) its not that hard. If the PO doesn't have the item on the 14th business day, the customer very simply needs to call us back, tell us what the po told them and we can then refund or reship the order (to a DIFFERENT more secure address).

The customer informed me none of this is binding to him because when he placed the order there weren't check boxes (like on a software agreement) for him to state he agrees to these terms. I explained these are our policies and we will do our best to take care of him. I showed him several places where on the website everything I told him is CLEARLY stated. He wouldn't have any of it, and said he will dispute the charges immedietly.

Why do customers think disputing is a simple solution? ITS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT THEN THE SIMPLE STEPS I GAVE. He will have to file a written complaint send a copy to us and his cc company. He also will have to document that he made a good faith effort to get this resolved without the fair trade act dispute being nessasary, and at that point he will fail. I hope he disputes it the cc company TEMPORARLY drops the charge as a courtesey, and then follows the steps, I then hope the order tracks as delivered and the charge comes back with extra finance fees, will serve the idiot right. I've done this of 3 years and I've only had customers threaten a dispute twice, are most people smart enough to realize a dispute is a last ditch effort its not just call bang done?

First of all that guy with the shipping and disputing the charges was an ass.

But just a question? If the product is en route and somehow gets held up beyond the 14 days, is there any way to stop it from getting to the customer's address? If not, the customer has the product for free essentially. That was probably a really dumb question...but I have no clue how shipping works other than you place the order, order goes on the truck or plane, order arrives and the customer is happy.

Thanks!
    Running on ice is just as smart as shoving a fork in the toaster - Blas in regards to a dry pool diving team member who decided to run across a 50 mph highway following an ice storm

Comment

The customer informed me none of this is binding to him because when he placed the order there weren't check boxes (like on a software agreement) for him to state he agrees to these terms. I explained these are our policies and we will do our best to take care of him. I showed him several places where on the website everything I told him is CLEARLY stated. He wouldn't have any of it, and said he will dispute the charges immedietly.
      Gee, I didn't think the standard shipping time frame was a "term" to be agreed to by both parties. I thought it was just a fact of USPS life...silly me. If you want guaranteed quick shipping, pay more and have it shipped by FedEx or UPS or whatever. Every time I've ordered something it tells me a time frame to expect based on what shipping level I chose to pay for. By choosing to have it shipped you are agreeing to what the company tells you shipping entails. But that is logical so I guess not.

Steverino - I guess if the customer signs for the package then the cc company would reinstate the charge. Though with the USPS you don't always have to sign so I don't know...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        Gee, I didn't think the standard shipping time frame was a "term" to be agreed to by both parties.
        The delivery details are a term agreed to by both parties. It can be Standard post, Next Day or what ever. There will be something constituting anl agreement to a set of standard terms and conditions, which should include default shipment type.
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

"If you want guaranteed quick shipping, pay more and have it shipped by FedEx or UPS or whatever."
          I work with UPS and they are not any quicker with delivery then the USPS. Our biggest problem is the drivers decide which addresses need to sign for the item. This means that when they drop off a $1500.00 computer the SC calls us saying "well it isnt' here and I want another one" So UPS has to pay us back for the "missing" computer nad the cust gets it for free.

Comment

To rvdammit, I work with the original poster. Actually, our guarantee or terms is that you will receive your package within 3-10 business days if you select standard shipping. Fed-Ex 2day is $5 more, overnight shipping $10. If you didn't receive your merchandise within the agreed upon time frame we will reimburse shipping costs, if any. If not we may offer an appeasement off of a future purchase or free shipping.

To mscrybaby, it happens to us as well. Normally with UPS it isn't as bad because the driver may remember delivering said package. Once UPS somehow rectified the issue after contacting the customer...

- Steverino

If a customer calls back THEN we will actually recharge them. Even if they already have another order on the way.. without actually working with them first. Sometimes I hate my employers more than any customers. That is the only way with USPS shipping we KNOW of a customer receiving a package other than website tracking info. So if they lie, they lie. But we will refuse to ship to same address, and as menitioned above require a more secure shipping address. I am sure some $300 (or more) orders that I have seen were genuinely stolen. Big orders are not required by us to have a signature (costs more???) and the delivery drivers sometimes don't have the sense to require one even though certainly said package is of some value. (Side note, we never get signatues with USPS.)

Comment

Hehe,
              Ah I love ya hun. I myself also work with the original poster and Personally I agree with Alden. I this it's crap that if the company see that the USPS shipping is a problem, they should change it. A company bringing in a bagillion dollars a year can afford to do maybe Fedex Ground. I mean give me a break. But I'm just a pee on what do I know.
              .~*Mistress Jessica*~.

Comment

Working...
              X