This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking spots

Ok, I drive a fullsize van. That means parking lots are a little tricky.
    At work, we have one spot that is convenient to get at, and I usually park at it. People always want to park next to me... which prevents EVERYONE from reaching either the west 4 pumps or the exit, depending on where they're coming from.

Can't they realize that's not a parking spot?! I don't know why this happens so often.

And for that matter, I hate it when people park in the striped areas at Wal-Mart. I shouldn't have to drive around them because they're waiting for their wife to wave down an associate, get the dining room set, pay for it, and bring it out. Park your ass in a stall, pull up when you're ready to load.
    Last edited by ahanix1989; 03-03-2007, 04:53 PM.
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

People do that at our local walmart as well. Ya know, with all these SC stories about WalMart and sightings......what is it about WalMart?

There are some striped spots on the sides of WalMart, I assume for the cart collectors....definetly NOT parking spots.

How often do I see either brand new cars and upper class entitlement whores park there, OR pile of shit vans with families of 10 people hop out to go wipe out their foodstamps for a month.

Park where everyone else does, dammit. You don't deserve a closer spot because you are rich, and definetly don't deserve a closer spot just because you're dirt poor. The world owes you nothing.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Oh, yeah! The people who "invent" their own parking places! This happens quite often in South Florida, particularly in West Palm Beach and Boca Raton. In fact, it happens anywhere retirees live. I've seen oldie goldie couples in their Mercury Grand Marquis, or their Lincoln Continental, or Cadillac DeVille (and now, sometimes their Toyota Camry, since that's becoming the old fartie car of the 21st century), where they'll park right up in front of the entrance to Wal-Mart, totally blocking anyone else's chance to get out of the store. All this because Agnes needed George to park her up close because Doctor Lipshitz told her not to do too much walking. Well, maybe if Agnes wouldn't flaunt her money on $500 high heel pump shoes and buy actual Reebok walking shoes, she wouldn't have corns and bunions on her feet to begin with! It irks me and others big time for this especially when it's the ramp they've blocked, cutting off access to those poor disabled people in wheelchairs that can't get into the store because Agnes was too lazy to walk another 30 feet or so.

Anyhow, yes, Wal-Mart seems to be the brunt of these stories, but it happens elsewhere, too. And no, the police in this area will not tolerate these people inventing their own spots, like parking in the striped areas that are clearly not parking spots.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Park where everyone else does, dammit. You don't deserve a closer spot because you are rich, and definetly don't deserve a closer spot just because you're dirt poor. The world owes you nothing.

AMEN! Thank you!

Comment

A lot of times the stripes are next to the handicap spots to provide extra room for unloading wheelchairs and such. I guess they also provide a place for police to park without blocking lanes if necessary. There's a Target near me that has a spot or two that have reserved signs for police. I'm not sure if that should be reassuring or make me nervous
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

This morning, two were parked opposite each other. The result? My bigass van couldn't fit through.
            The solution? Really childish. Put the van in neutral, lay on the horn, and redline the engine. I realize it was childish, but it got those assholes out of my way.
            Ironically, there were two empty parking spaces to my immediate right.
            I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
            less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

The striped spots in front of the stores are either a fire lane, or for loading/unloading of merchandise.
              I posted a thread on here last summer about the nimrods that park there.
              I was a loader, and one of my duties was to get the shopping carts. I'd be hauling in a line of carts, and some asshat would park his redneck truck directly in front of the cart entrance.
              Or some handicapped person thought they were entitled to park there, because they didn't want to park 10 feet further away.
              Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth ahanix1989 View Post
                Can't they realize that's not a parking spot?! I don't know why this happens so often.
                Because there is not a large sign, directly in their line of sight, covering their entire field of vision, stating: "ATTENTION: (THE IDIOT'S NAME) YOU MAY NOT PARK HERE!"

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

Hell, they'd probably start reversing into the stall, so they are looking backwards instead of right at the sign.
                  Last edited by ahanix1989; 03-04-2007, 02:01 PM. Reason: Wow my grammar sucked. Comprehensized the sentence.

Comment

It's always amusing to me to see customers create their own parking spots. There's one part of the parking lot in particular where people try to park at the end of the aisle, and store management has to page and page and page ("Attention customers, will the owner of a color/make/model please go out to the parking lot and move your vehicle. You are NOT parked in a parking spot." Repeat at least twice.) to get the idiot to move.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Time to start calling the tow truck.....

We've done that a time or two when dumbassed neighbors allow their guests to take up our spot. Rained on their party, but we got to point and laugh

We also waited to return our car to our spot for awhile too, so they wouldn't key it.

Comment

My companys parking lot sucks. It was built so many years ago, when vehicles were smaller. So anyone now-a-days with a huge vehicle ruins it for it everyone else. Since our parking is only 2 rows, and you know how that can be.

Also once, when I was at my buddies apartment, he told me to go ahead and park in the spot next to his, since nobody parks there. So I did, and it turned out that someone does park there, and they wrote a note, stating that they will tow my car next time, it happens.
                        Last edited by powerboy; 03-04-2007, 08:56 PM.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

One of my best friends, who happens to live in my apartment complex, though not in the same building, has given me two of my best parking lot stories, one in which she is the SC, and one in which she is most definitely not.

In which my good friend J is the SC:
                          I felt bad, because I knew she wanted my sympathy, but she wasn't getting it. Apparently she was upset because her neighbor yelled at her for blocking in his car and making him late to work. She apparently couldn't find any close spots, and left her car with the emergency flashers on in the lot for 10-15 minutes blocking in a few cars while she emptied the litter box and brought down luggage for a trip to the car. The neighbor in question was upset because he was going to be fired for being late to work. I do agree with her that he obviously wasn't the most timely employee if he was being fired (usually you don't get fired for being late once) but I still think she was in the wrong.

In which J is most definitely not the SC:
                          In our lot, we have covered parking spots you have to pay to get one of. I didn't want one, as none are close to my building, but J and her husband have one for their car. For about a week, they noticed someone parking in their spot. They ignored it once, then left notes a few times, then had the car towed. Apparently the parking space thieves didn't like the towing, so the next time J parked her car in her covered spot, they stomped off her bumper. Even better? Our apartment complex management did nothing about it.
                          "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

In the last apartment complex I lived in, certain covered parking spaces go with certain apartments. Mine happened to be one of them. (I could get covered parking here, but 1 - I don't really care, and B - after seeing some of them collapse with the New Year's snowstorm....) Well, came home one day and some nitwit is in my space. I didn't do anything....that time. The next time it happened, a couple of days later, I went down to the office to see what to do. I told the (really nice and cool) gal in the office I didn't want to be a bitch about it, but. She said no, I wasn't being a bitch, that was my parking space, I was paying for it. Then she whips out a note they had for these occassions which said, basically, "This is your first and final warning. Park here again and you're getting towed." Never had a problem again!

What gets me here is that some of the people in our complex seem to be incapable of parking between the stripe. By my building, the way it's set up is that it looks like a square with one side missing. If you park in the spaces that are perpenidcular to the other row, you take the risk of being blocked in by a couple of redneck asshats that drive big-ass, king cab, long bed trucks. Apparently, they can't see how they might be causing a problem. More likely, don't care!
                            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Some of us can't help driving large vehicles. Ironically, the only car I can afford is a bigass Dodge van that gets 10mpg... because it may suck down gas, but it's RELIABLE.

Comment

Working...
                              X