This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please go reproduce with yourself

So first tier for *manufacturer* transfers a customer through to me. They don't hand over the customer information, just cold transfer. The support number is not tollfree, but sharecall - we pay half and the customer pays half. This is relevant.

So I ask the customer for his details - he needs WAP settings for his phone. Now, with this model, it generates a random pin number after sending the settings that you need for installing them. It takes me about 30 - 40 seconds to get those settings ready. Plus, take into account that throughout this beginning procedure, I am being polite, friendly and civil

I ask him to hold on and this is what follows (bear in mind, while I'm talking to this idiot, I'm getting the settings ready):
    SC: *rudely*I will NOT hold on, you people are wasting my airtime
    Me: Sir, you will need to hold on in order to install the settings, as they gener..
    SC: *interrupts* I don't see why I should have to hold on, you people are wasting my airtime! The first person to pick up takes my name and number, the second person to pick up takes my name and number, the 3rd person to pick up takes my name and number!
    Me: *knowing fullwell he was on the line with first line for ONE MINUTE before he was transferred* I'm sorry about that sir, but when we send the settings it generates a ran...
    SC: *interrupts again, is bloody rude and now I'm seeing red* I don't care about your bloody story, how long will this take me??!!
    Me: *shortly and on the verge of being rude tone of voice* Sir, I'm 10 seconds away from sending the settings to you, and the reason you need to hold on is because the settings generate a random pin number that you will need to install them!
    SC: *rudely* SO WHAT'S THE PIN NUMBER THEN!
    Me: Your pin number is *number* *hangs up*

Normally I'm supposed to tell them how to install the settings and set them as default, but seeing as how this <censored> didn't want to spare the 30 seconds for sending of the settings, I didn't think he'd want to spend another 30 seconds knowing how to get them working. I put it in the call as well that he was very rude and wouldn't let me explain how the settings work.

To that <censored> - I hope your geyser breaks down permanently, that you get investigated by our Revenue Service, and that everyone treats you the way you just treated me.
    The report button - not just for decoration

I just had an image in my head of SC's reproducing by cell division. One just standing there in front of you splits in two and makes a copy of him or herself.
    http://leae.livejournal.com/

Comment

Didn't you know? That's why there are so many of them! RUN!! RUN WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

<irk> "pin number" is redundant. pin=="personal identification number" </irk>

Comment

Quoth trunks2k View Post
          <irk> "pin number" is redundant. pin=="personal identification number" </irk>

Kind of like "ISBN number" and "UPIN number," two other examples from the Department of Redundancy Department.

(not to mention "ATM machine")
          He loves the world...except for all the people.
          --Men at Work

Comment

Slightly off topic, but another case of repetitive redundancy (kudos for those that get that):

ATM Machine
            ATM=Automated Teller Machine
            I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
            "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

VIN = Vehicle Identification Number
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I don't have a huge problem with people saying PIN Number, ATM Machine and similar. What's has happened is the acronym has processed in an object of itself, and lost the connection to the original words. Evolution of language is sometimes unfortunate,
                ludo ergo sum

Comment

I agree rv-I just think we all laugh at the irony.
                  I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                  "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Working...
                  X