Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pardon me, your entitlement is showing.

So, riddle me this.

Your child has asthma. Do you:
    1) keep an active script open with the pharmacy for his rescue inhaler, and call to get it ready when needed.
    2) fill the inhaler ahead of time, keep one in your purse if needed.
    3) Pull up to the pharmacy only once your child is in a fullblown asthma attack, wave a script at the tech, and yell at them to fill it RIGHT NOW!!!!! ?

Yes, Madame chose door number three.
    Now right about when she came motoring through the drive thru, I already had a standing room only crowd in my waiting room. All emergency scripts, several for other children. I told her pleasantly what my wait time was (about 30 minutes at that point, which is pretty darn good considering how many scripts we had in queue). She throws a hissy, because her baby's having an emergency. Ok, but it's still gonna take me some time to get it done, as we are still rather busy, and I'm not gonna ignore every other emergency we've got going.
    She decides she wants to talk to the pharmacist, smugly telling me that "She would surely understand." Ok, fine.
    I wait until the pharmacist is done counselling the patient she was with, and told her about the wench in the drive through.
    Pharmacist explains exactly what I'd already said, and also points out that she would not allow the wench to sit in the drive through as there were people behind her. She would not start filling it until she moved. Furthermore, the longer the wench argued, the more she was preventing us from starting the script.
    She finally moved her stupid butt, and true to our word, we did fill it quickly, because we obviously understand the meaning of an emergency.

Moral of the story? Yes, we understand the concept of "kid can't breathe, needs meds now." We also understand that you are not the only person coming to our store, however. We do not operate in a closed system, and if you want people to cooperate with you, you need to think about other people, too.

And for christ's sake, keep a goddamn rescue inhaler at the ready! Your frickin' script was dated from last november, you could have easily filled it along time ago to have on hand for an emergency such as this! AAAAA!

I've actually had quite a few turd-birds lately. I don't know what it is about this flu season, but apparently the stupid virus is spreading.

Our extern, poor girl, is just an ass magnet, apparently. She got today off, but the day before she got 2 nasty old men who could not fathom that no more refills=no more pills for them. One of them was leaving on a business trip, so she suggested that if the doctor called us back after he left, he would be able to walk into a W anywhere in the nation, and get that script transferred immediately to be filled. His answer?
    "I don't have time to be finding W's all over." His answer for not bloody calling this in well before he left, so he'd be assured a refill long before he needed it? "I don't have time."
    Bovine fecal matter. If we made filling scripts with us any easier or convenient, we'd be able to discern what you wanted based on the spittle on your chin.
    The other one apparently totally ignored the fact that his bottle clearly stated no more refills remained, and disputed the fact that the last time his doctor called in was for only 1 fill, not his yearly fill.
    "I think it's more likely that you guys screwed up than my doctor's office."
    Well thank you for that little vote of confidence. You have my permission to take your business elsewhere if your confidence in our abilities is so shaky.
    Considering I just transferred 20 new scripts from other pharmacies in today, we won't be missing your business one little bit.

Need a vacation......or at least empowerment to tazer some of these morons.....

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
      If we made filling scripts with us any easier or convenient, we'd be able to discern what you wanted based on the spittle on your chin.

Little pig, Little pig, fill my script...
      Not by the drool on your chinny-chinny-chin

(ok, so it doesn't quite rhyme..)

OK, I don't have asthma or any other condition that could, ya know, kill me if I don't have my meds, but I do take a daily prescription and if I miss a day, I can feel it within 24 hours (less, actually). If I missed 2 days I probably wouldn't be able to drive to the pharmacy to pick up the refill. I've waited till the last minute a few times, and it they have a wait, well, I wait (actually, I shop).
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

good GOD. Her kid's in full-blown asthma attack, and her first instinct is to go to the PHARMACY?!?!?!?!?! This woman's too stupid to have kids. HELLO?!? HOSPITAL, lady. EMERGENCY ROOM. ugh.
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
          This woman's too stupid to have kids. HELLO?!?
          Well, this woman has already demonstated a complete and utter lack of forethought and medical knowledge. I've got a feeling that she took one birth control pill and she thought that would protect her for life.

Seriously, though. I wonder about the choices that a person makes. I really do.
          I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
            Well, this woman has already demonstated a complete and utter lack of forethought and medical knowledge. I've got a feeling that she took one birth control pill and she thought that would protect her for life.
            A cyanide pill would have done the job...
            "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Spiffy McMoron View Post
              ...and the one she did take probably fell out.

Sorry, that's a punchline to a really bad joke I know.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Seriously, I work for McKesson doing patient assistance programs. These people... they are getting free medication from us, and complain that they dont get if fast enough, or we make them actually send in proof of income to demonstrate need, or we dont do the amazingly high dosage of a med thats supposed to be one tab a day for a week that the doctor wants to do a new therapy for a different med by putting them on 5 a day for a month, and we won't pay for that. Entitlement is right.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                  ...and the one she did take probably fell out.

Sorry, that's a punchline to a really bad joke I know.
                  I don't get it...wait...oh. O-o-o-o-oh...OH! That hilarious!

Don't ask me what I was just thinking about. Please.
                  I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Working...
                  X