This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I WANT YOUR MANAGERS LAST NAME!!"

Oh dear. Had a problem in the bar. Basically, we had been a lot busier than we had expected, so our food stocks were very very low. They got so low, that we decided to stop serving food, as it was just getting pointless because of constant reorders and customers complaining. So the manager decided to close the kitchen and give all the customers who had already ordered their money back.

OK, I expected people to be annoyed. I would be annoyed to, but its not the end of the world. You would have thought we had all commited some kind of unspeakable atrocity the way some people were reacting!

SC: I WANT YOUR MANAGERS NAME!
    Me: Sure, his name is <insert name here>
    SC: I WANT HIS FULL NAME!

Well, for starters, we don't give our full names out to ANYONE! You never know what kind of freak you're giving your name out to.

And I should also point out, I don't even know my managers last name!

Me: I'm sorry but we don't give out that kind of information.
    SC: YES YOU WILL!
    Me: I'm sorry, but I won't.
    SC: OK then I want your name!
    Me: Sure, my name is <insert name here>
    SC: And your last?
    Me: I'm sorry but we don't give out that kind of information.
    SC: YES YOU WILL!

ARRRRGHH!!

Well since you demanded so forcefully, I have no choice but to give you what you want...
    Your dignity shredded in five minutes or less, or your abuse is free.

Comment

Lordy, once my boss had to run the restaurant entirely by himself for three hours, that meant he'd take an order, ring it up, step over to the grill, cook it, and repeat. He had to do this during the lunch hour, so naturally there was no way he could deal with all the customers. Some got very angry when told that they'd have to wait until he was done with the orders he already had, and that they may have to eat somewhere else if the wait was too long. When I got there a man was standing at the entrance to the kitchen, watching my boss try to cook eight orders at once, yelling at him.
      You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I've delt with people like that before.

gee, they didn't give me the information I wanted when I asked, maybe if I ask really loud they'll tell me.
        Hospitality means we have to act hospitible to our guests and customers...but it doesn't mean we need to like them. - the worlds greatest professor

Comment

Weirdo... Must live in a bad side of town!
          Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Working...
          X