This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coworker's tale of revenge

I was chatting with one of my co-workers after my shift the other day, and in the course of the conversation, she related the stroy of the ONE jub she was fired from.

She used to work at a seafood restaurant that had a walk-up window where you could get - among other things - soft serve ice cream cones. So she's working the window when a guy comes up and asks for an ice cream cone - in French. Keep in mind that this is in the gool ol' USA, and not near any part of the country where you might expect people to speak French. Spanish I could understand, but French?

Anyway, she spoke enough French to understand what he wanted, and to ask him what kind. (Chocolate, vanilla, or twist?) He then proceeds to change his mind multiple times. So many times that she had to throw away no less than five twist cones (she explained that if it was a chocolate or vanilla only cone, she could dump most of it back in the tanks, but that a twist had to be tossed). Five. By the time he finally made up his mind for real, she had lost all patience with him, and immediately after handing him his change (having wished she could charge him for all the wasted ice cream), she overturned the cone and smacked it down onto his hand!

"Good day to you sir, enjoy your ice cream," she told him. THen immedaitely turned away.

Unfortuantely, her boss had seen the whole thing, and although he understood her frustration, he still canned her on the spot. Despite that, she said it felt damn good, and she wasn't unhappy to leave that particular job.

I just wish I had been there to see it happen
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

If you get home from the grocery store and your tomatoes or bananas have holes in them from someone's thumb, you can almost be guaranteed that you ticked off the cashier. This used to be a perfect form of revenge for us when someone became an SC in the checkout line.
    This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

damn, i'd dump 'em in a bowl and save 'em for later
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

If you get home from the grocery store and your tomatoes or bananas have holes in them from someone's thumb, you can almost be guaranteed that you ticked off the cashier. This used to be a perfect form of revenge for us when someone became an SC in the checkout line.

Oho! I must remember this the next time I get an SC with produce...

Remember kids - the customer may always be right, but the waiter is handling your food...!
        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

First, we don't condone tampering with food.

Second, I've sold many, many bananas over the years. The way people paw at them as if they were a long-lost love they've just rediscovered, massaging them as if in expectation of nocturnal pleasures yet to come, it's not necessarily the cashier. The bruises on those buggers from an enthusiastic pair of fingers don't show for some time.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
            The way people paw at them as if they were a long-lost love they've just rediscovered, massaging them as if in expectation of nocturnal pleasures yet to come, it's not necessarily the cashier. The bruises on those buggers from an enthusiastic pair of fingers don't show for some time.
            I've just been put off bananas for a few months...thanks for that horrific mental image!
            Last edited by KuzcoLlama; 03-06-2007, 05:20 PM.
            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
              I've just been put off bananas for a few months...thanks for that horrific mental image!
              At least they've just been fingered...
              ludo ergo sum

Comment

Damn, I have a banana waiting for lunch which is in 7 minutes!

:shudder shudder shudder:

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
                  At least they've just been fingered...
                  Gah! Now there's a mental image I didn't need. Forget a few months, I'll never be able to look at bananas the same way ever again, let alone actually eat them.
                  my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                  it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

mmmmmmmmmm....good banana

Comment

Working...
                    X