This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You work in a hospital...

...so I would think you know what is and is not sanitary.

We have a lovely brand of lotion called Goat's Milk. I love the stuff, but we only carry the Original Formula in the large bottles (they look like small milk jugs).

Over a week ago a hospital employee bought a bottle, took it home, opened it, used it, and has since decided she didn't want it. It would seem she checked the manufacturer's website and has decided that the ingredient lists from the site and the bottle don't match.

After rejecting my answer of an apologetic "no" she asked that I call the owner. So I did. My boss also rejected the return and compared it's sanitary issue to an open and consumed bottle of soda. I did not pass that comment along.

Me: The Princess of all things gift shop
    D: Her first initial as she was wearing her employee badge.

Me: I'm sorry, but [my boss] agreed that we can't take the bottle back.
    D: That's unacceptable! What am I supposed to do with it now?
    Me: If it were me, I'd buy the one I want and put this one on my desk for my coworkers to share.
    D: Why would I do that? You're basically telling me it's my problem then.
    Me: I am sorry, but it just wouldn't be sanitary and we couldn't resell it.
    D: That's ridiculous.

She stormed out at that point and I called my boss back to warn her about a potential complaint later.

In this woman's defense, the ingredients list on the bottle has the Canadian French then English (ex: Eau/water, acide stearique/steric acid, etc), and the website only lists select ingredients as an advertising point. But still. Gross.
Working...
X