This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a quickie

So last week we had a blizzard hit our area, and at some of our properties the television service was knocked out.

Today we come to work and there is a woman demanding a credit for the time she was without television service.

So whats sucky about that, you ask yourself. Well......

She has our free television service.

Can you send her a check for $0.00? That would be awesome
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Me: Yes, ma'am. We'll be happy to credit your account for the time your TV service was down.
      SC: How much will I get?
      Me: Well let's see. Your monthly rate is $0.00, so divide that by 30 and we'll get.......let's see......$0.00/30=....ummm.....
      SC: *click*
      Me:
      Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Yes. I'd have to agree with Bookstoreescapee. Send the miserable little waste of food and oxygen a check written out for the amount of (and spell this sucker out to the letter so it can't be tampered with)

Pay to the order of: [insert name of entitlement whore here] [$00.00]
        Zero Dollars and Zero Cents

Note: Refund for outage on free television service.

then sign and mail the sucker
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Wow. I agree, send a check for $0.00. That would be awesome.

You know, I have never had a customer ask for a credit for the time they were without service due to an outage (or user error, or what have you). If I ever heard that particular request uttered out of any of my customers' mouths, I think I would faint. They always believe they deserve a credit for the entire month of service, regardless of how little time they didn't have service. Company policy is $5, and we even break it down that on $xx.xx plan / 30 days = a lot less than $5 a day, so this is quite the generous offer. It's always some bozo who uses the phone as their business line and then turns around and says they make some malarky figure like $59,000 a day on their phone and we should have to pay that.

"Yeah, but see, there's this little thing called the 'Terms and Conditions of Service' that you agreed to be bound to. Oh, what? You didn't read it before signing? Tough, you still agreed to it, whether you read it or not. And guess what? It says we're not liable for loss of business due to loss of service. Oh, and it also states that service is subject to availability and can be affected by outages, geographical limitations, and so on. You know what that means? It means that technically, I don't even owe you the $5. So you'd better thank me graciously and tell me how pretty I am, or no credit for you!"
          "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

My boss actually sent a customer 2 cents one time. Not a check, but two pennies. Apparently the way the computer had rounded out the tax on some items made our total 2 cents different than what he thought he should be. He complained to a CSR, got passed to my supervisor, and she told him "Sir if you really want that 2 cents I will send it to you". He sort of hemmed and hawed but she mailed him the two pennies because she wanted him to see how stupid the whole thing was. She's a great boss, and I'm really going to miss her when she retires next year!
            "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
              Can you send her a check for $0.00? That would be awesome
              Checks cost money, donchaknow? Have someone create a fake check in Photoshop... print it, sign it, fax it to the woman.
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Yea, checks cost money- but it would SOOOOO be worth it!
                I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                  "Yeah, but see, there's this little thing called the 'Terms and Conditions of Service' that you agreed to be bound to. Oh, what? You didn't read it before signing? Tough, you still agreed to it, whether you read it or not."
                  I keep saying this. By signing a contract, you are stating that you read the contract and agree to the terms. You can argue "but I didn't read it" all you want, it's not going to change a thing. You not reading does not equal you not being liable. Actually, you signing without reading then bitching=you are an idiot.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
                    I keep saying this. By signing a contract, you are stating that you read the contract and agree to the terms. You can argue "but I didn't read it" all you want, it's not going to change a thing. You not reading does not equal you not being liable. Actually, you signing without reading then bitching=you are an idiot.
                    I actually had a lawyer call in one time whining about not getting coverage when he went to MiddleOfNowhere USA, and that voided his contract (according to him). I let him know that the T&C actually state that we cannot guarantee service in all areas, and that "lack of coverage" that would release him of a contract would only be applicable if he lived in an area where we do not provide coverage, and he had excellent coverage at his residence. He then proceeded to tell me that I had no business trying to explain a contract to him, he was a lawyer and he knows how these things work. I asked him if he was familiar with the conditions I advised him of and he said no, he had not read the contract he agreed to, but that it was beside the point.

If he couldn't even follow the basic premise of reading and understanding something you are agreeing to, there's no hope of the average customer doing this.
                    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Geez, SC's get worse and worse. I would have had the company send her a check for $0.00. LOL!!! That woulda been hilarious

Comment

This made me think of the story of the guy who got a bill of $0.00 and kept getting collection letters, so he finally sent them a check for $0.00, which cleared his account, but then his bank called and said it caused their software to fail and they were holding him responsible for it. It's on Snopes but is not marked as to its veracity.

http://www.snopes.com/business/bank/zero.asp
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

he was a lawyer and he knows how these things work. I asked him if he was familiar with the conditions I advised him of and he said no, he had not read the contract he agreed to, but that it was beside the point.
                          Remember this lawyer's name. If he doesn't believe in reading contracts before signing them, you definitely don't want to hire him by mistake!
                          Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

Working...
                          X