X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What? Huh?

....Must rant.

Our computers went down today, which meant that every order had to be hand-written, and put in at a later date. I got this gem of a customer:

M: Me
    CS: Guess :P

Me: Thank you for calling blah blah, my name is Sacknahalf, how may I help you?
    CS: I'd like to order so-and-so.
    Me: I can help you with that. Please bear with me, our systems are down and I'm
    having to write all the info down.
    CS:......(no response, talking in the background)
    Me: Hello?
    CS: Sorry, my husband is babbling at me. What did you need?
    Me: May I have your telephone number please?
    CS: .......(silence)
    Me: Hello, can you hear me?
    CS: Yes!
    Me: May I have your telephone number?
    CS: Well, if you're going to be like that, nevermind <click>
    Me:

It's very simple. On the days our IT department doesn't have their heads up their butts (no offense to IT folks, ours is totally clueless), I would have your credit card info in front of me. Wouldn't it be in your best interest to make sure I am ordering exactly what you want?

Wait, that would make sense! So sorry, forgot who I was dealing with for a second. No more floggings please!

I get people like this all the time too, who get upset or offended if I ask them to repeat themselves. I'm only asking because I didn't hear you, usually because you were A) Talking to someone who is not me, B) Talking so quietly I couldn't possibly hear you, or C) On your phone with your head half out the window as you go 70mph on the highway.

And you'd think these people would want you to be verifying the information so their stuff gets shipped to the correct place. I suppose, though, if they let us do that, there wouldn't be shipping mistakes for them to call in and whine about.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
    X