This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all fun & games till someone loses an eye

More than once, as some bratty kid tries playing with the very same carousel that I'm trying to work with, I've wanted so much to suddenly spin it fast so the carousel knocks the crap out of them...lol. From time to time I've banged my hands on it & let me tell you, it don't feel good...ouch...lol.
    I've even had grown people try to spin the stupid thing while in the midst of bagging their order. I say..."wait a minute! I want my arm back!"...lol.
    & what's the deal with people forgetting their stuff that I place ON TOP of the carousel? How can you possibly forget to pick up something like a LARGE case of soda? The damned thing sits there like the monolith from 2001 & you know Dave Bowman's voice isn't speaking from it saying over & over..."My God, it's full of stars"...LOL.

Re: thread title.
    ...and then it's hilarious.
    /or so the saying goes
    //not a personal belief
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

What about the customer whose shirt gets caught on it so when you pull it to spin the bag around, you snatch him hard enough to fall flat on his face?

Uh...not speaking from personal experience that is...
      Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

I completely agree with everything you've said. I've had my wrist knocked by that stupid carousel so many times, by both kids and adults. I've learned to deal with the kids, by putting my knee on the carousel if they're around, but the adults piss me off more because they should know better.

It is funny when I put things on the top of the carousel and they look like total idiots spinning the thing around and looking for the bags and ask "where is it?"

Comment

Re: Thread title
          ...then it's fun & games you can't see

Comment

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...then it's "Hey! Free Eyeball!"

M
            I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

It's all fun and games until someone loses and eye...and then it's just FUN!!

"My God, it's full of stars"...
              This is probably what's swirling around in the customers' heads
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

It's all fun and games till someone loses and eye... then it's a scavenger hunt!

Ok, I'll go back to lurking now.

Comment

I'll admit to grabbing the carousel and whipping it around so it threw my kid face flat on the floor. Hey, parents get tired of telling their kids to stop playing with it, too.
                  ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Perhaps the carousels should be remote operated. Sure, the remote could get lost and it would be costly....

But imagine an SC and their kid trying to spin the carousel.....but it won't move!

"I'm never shopping here again!"
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                    X