This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fact that you are a moron does not make me a crook

So this guy called in wanting to cancel because he didn't receive his bill 2 months ago, and his bill for last month he went over his minutes.

ME = Innocent little Customer Service Rep
    OF = Old Fart

ME: I'm definitely sorry to hear you didn't get your previous bill, I can see the system printed and mailed it on 01/30.
    OF: Yeah, well, you say it did, but I didn't get it.
    ME: Perhaps it was lost in the mail. Did you check your bill online?
    OF: Why would I do that? When I get my bill, I pay it. It's your fault for not sending it to me.
    ME: But, you've had the account for 5 years, and you get your bill the same time every month, and it's due the same day every month. Did you find it the least bit unusual that you didn't get a bill?
    OF: Look, I'm retired! I don't sit around all day waiting for bills to come in.
    ME: (Nice deflection, but you didn't answer my question) Because your payment history is excellent, we'll chalk it up to lost mail and I'll credit your late fee (a whopping $.60) as a courtesy to your account. But in the future, if you don't receive your bill, you should let us know because we want to make sure you're getting it.
    OF: Now why is this damn bill so high?
    ME: You had 394 minutes over last month, and unfortunately that resulted in $XX.XX in additional charges. Did you check your minutes from your phone at all?
    OF: Oh, I know how but I never mess with that cause I know I never go over.
    ME: (Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the cusotmer's current bill shall be labeled "Exhibit A." Also let the record show the defendant admits to knowing how to check his minutes, but chose not to at any point in the month) Well, you know, we provide numerous options to check your minutes any time, so you always know where you are in minutes.
    OF: Look, something isn't right about all this. You're a crook and I'm not paying this bill.
    ME: If you have your bill, you can see every single minute used in the call records, and they are all valid calls.
    OF: I'm going to another company where they know how to treat people right!
    ME (through clenched teeth): Well, I'd definitely hate to lose you as a customer. What can I do for you that you feel would be an acceptable resolution?
    OF: I want to know why I didn't get my last bill!
    ME: (Didn't we do this already?)

And he eventually hung up swearing he was going to take his whole family with him because I'm robbing an old man of his money. And I bet his family members will have no problem at all paying their termination fees because he doesn't want to pay a bill.
    "You are loved" - Plaidman.
Working...
X