This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool things we would like to see.

Price Checks: before the products go on sale, with the help of extra staff We can triple check the price before it goes on the sales floor. And if something is on clearance a UPC associate or whatever has a list of all the products that will be on clearance and gets the department manager and two other people in the department to CHANGE THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT FIRST ON THE TELXON BEFORE YOU CHANGE THE SALE STICKER). If a store is capable to do something like this, people wouldn't bitch about the price.

No UPC: At the registers there will be signs to remind the customers that to make sure that all their items have a UPC for the associates to scan or to benefit you to Scan at the self serve. There will be less commotion and the lines will go faster. Once at the till, if there is no UPC we might as well call the Department. Funny thing is the customer will say the price but we can do department overrides without Management approval and I see why they would tell you the price of the product... BECAUSE AT A STORE NAMED ZELLERS CUSTOMERS ARE ALLOWED TO TELL THE ASSOCIATE THE PRICE WTF!!! Because one time I was there I was an SC and got the last T-shirt with no barcode. The associate asked me if I knew the price. Customers learn from other stores I guess.

Leaking Milk: Every once in a while some Moron will take Milk out of the cooler with heavy condensation. They are absolutely positive the milk is leaking. I tip it in all 4 corners and put it upside down... none of it comes out while the idiot says he's positive that it's leaking, you take his word and you leave the milk at the counter. A very convinient place to put Freezers and coolers is across from the front checkouts so when the customer leaves you can run back and put it away before the dumbass customer who shops in a hurry wants to be put through right away.

Express tills: Yes, the joy of working express and watching people who think that even though they are paying customers they don't care that they are in an express with a cartload of crap. And most of us are not allowed to shoo them away. Why don't we stick a podium of some sort along the left and right side of the belt so that the belt is in the center? The belt will move a little slower in an express lane because it's reading the item upc and a light on the top of the podium says how much stuff they are buying. when the number goes past 8 a sensor alarm just as loud as the ones in grocery stores or dept. Stores. The belt will stop until that last 9th item is removed and will continue to move. The Cashier will be at the end of the belt and scans all of the customers stuff.

Courtesy desk: The frustration of working courtesy is when people bring expired receipts or no proof of purchase at all. Why don't we stick a podium in where the customers will line up. There will be a slot of some sort that the customers receipt will go in and there will be a ticket dispenser where they grab a ticket #, after grabbing the ticket number they proceed to line up. The associate gets the other half of the ticket # and the receipt that comes with the ticket simultaneously. Customers are also free to line up in courtesy for other issues like speaking to a manager but returns can't be done without a receipt or a ticket no#. I was thinking of Courtesy self serve tills but people can scam them and it would be impossible. People would have to use a receipt to use the self serve but It would be impossible because people can come with a different item and the same UPC as the receipt indicates.

Seperate Transactions: The joy of having something done for seperate transactions would be sweet. why don't we display the total of the customers purchases, clear the screen and start the bill all over again. The receipt will print 2 or 3 or multiple different totals so the person buying will know how much they owe to each person. If someone is paying cash and Credit for the rest as an example, they can pay for the first transaction as credit and the second one for cash and the change will display for the cash. If they are seperate cash payments on the first total the customer pays and the change is displayed without the till opening. the second payment the till opens and the list will go like this

[1st Trans: $3.74
    2nd Trans: $2.94]

There will be a button pressed once for this function to work like this...

[Sept. Trans]

It's more practical and people aren't expected to wait longer in line as opposed to those who worry about holding up the line for a price check.
    Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

hehe...if your milk jug is wet, do what I do...run your finger across it and then look at the liquid on your finger.

Is it white? Then yes, your milk is leaking; get another one.

Is it clear? Then the air in the store is warmer than the air in the fridge. Get some cookies and go home.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Open/Close lights at the till: Instead of having a light tell everyone that they are open whydon't we replace the light with an Open/Close switch. The sign can be switched to open by flicking the switch up an the sign will be switched to close by flicking the switch down.

Customers who want boxes: Why do they freaking take advantage of Dept stores for free boxes just because the dept. stores use them all the time? Sometimes our store will actually charge people for boxes but they are out in the open. Since people should understand that "Nothing is free" why don't we just tell the customers that we sell boxes over there and we don't give them out for free. the boxes will be covered in plastic and will come in various sizes so not to confuse the cashiers. Why give away boxes when you could make a profit out of them?

Comment

Cart Ditchers: This really used to make me PO'd when I worked at a grocery store, and it still drives me crazy to see it now. These are the people who fill a cart to overflowing with every manner of perishable item in the store. Several gallons of milk, cartons of eggs, cheese (the regular Kraft kind and the fancy stuff from the deli that's like $10 for a small wheel), ice cream, every cut of meat from meat market, all kinds of meats and cold items from the deli; if it's cold, it's in there. Whoever filled that cart then pushes it to some forgotten, out of the way corner of the store and it's found just before the store closes. There should be trained pit bulls who can trace the jerk's scent all the way home and tear out their throat in the night. Or at least dump all the stuff out of their fridge.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
          Cart Ditchers: This really used to make me PO'd when I worked at a grocery store, and it still drives me crazy to see it now. These are the people who fill a cart to overflowing with every manner of perishable item in the store. Several gallons of milk, cartons of eggs, cheese (the regular Kraft kind and the fancy stuff from the deli that's like $10 for a small wheel), ice cream, every cut of meat from meat market, all kinds of meats and cold items from the deli; if it's cold, it's in there. Whoever filled that cart then pushes it to some forgotten, out of the way corner of the store and it's found just before the store closes. There should be trained pit bulls who can trace the jerk's scent all the way home and tear out their throat in the night. Or at least dump all the stuff out of their fridge.
          Lol Great idea. i guess people think they have to leave right away when the store closes and they leave their Perishable shit and not take it with them. It would be cool to have more serious hard-working security to make those people pay for their perishables because leaving it out is just the same as stealing I think.

Closing time: We all think it's irritating when theres still people in the store right after we close. And the people on some of the posts I've read who want to shop when they're minutes away from closing. It would be nice if a store had hours like this

Open-8:00am Closing time-9:40 Close-10:00

So Customers must bring their stuff at the front Checkouts by 9:40 and customers must leave the store when it's 10 o-clock. Anyone who is in the store later than 10:00 Security will call the police on them for trespassing lol

I wish but that'll never happen.

Comment

Quoth HALFHUMANHALFZOMBIE View Post
            Leaking Milk: Every once in a while some Moron will take Milk out of the cooler with heavy condensation. They are absolutely positive the milk is leaking.
            omg i hate that. summer is the worse, ppl freak out so much. whats worse is those accused jumbo eggs. seriously how hard is it to open the container and wiggle them around to make sure they not broken.
            its enough to drive sane ppl crazy
            History repeats, the names and dates change, but its always the same old story.

Comment

Hahaha.....leaking milk.

If people swear it's leaking (and I'm sure it's not), I'll pick the gallon up and squeeze it. If nothing comes out, it's not leaking.
              Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                Hahaha.....leaking milk.

If people swear it's leaking (and I'm sure it's not), I'll pick the gallon up and squeeze it. If nothing comes out, it's not leaking.

Exactly... I couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

There would still be people walking in 5 minutes before close and taking their time for 30 minutes after close. It never fails.

The worst time of year was always Christmas. The manager would stand by the door to keep people from coming in and it was really pathetic how people tried to sneak in. One guy even tried to push past the manager, and this is the woman I spoke of before that would take down guys 3 times bigger than her. He got kicked right back out

People would be begging and pleading outside that they just needed "one little thing!" and she would just say "You had all day to come. Now we have people who need to go home to their families. You can come back on the 26th."
                  "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post

People would be begging and pleading outside that they just needed "one little thing!" and she would just say "You had all day to come. Now we have people who need to go home to their families. You can come back on the 26th."
                    More like all week!!

Comment

I'd like to see my hotel install a trapdoor just in front of the desk that opens up to a pit filled with hungry, hungry hippos or acid.

That way i can effectively deal with stupid assholes

Comment

Hungry, hungry hippos!! Can we drop marbles on their heads too?
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

All I want?

1. A rapid launch panel for the doors for thieves who try to make a break for it. If they move fast enough, they'll be lucky and get clipped by it! Doubles as a one way exit when closed so people can't come in for that one last thing.
                          I AM the evil bastard!
                          A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                          X