This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read The Freaking Sign

Okay I'm writing this as the SC is bitching to the manager in front of me. And is she bitching.

Okay so we have a Gas Station as part of our grocery store, and if you buy certain items you can recieve cents off per gallon up to 15 gallons. So if you bought syrup for 5 cents off a gallon, you'd actually save 75 cents off 15 gallons of gas. Since prices have went up we've have had people coming in here just to buy the fuel savings stuff. We had one guy come in, buy the stuff, then try to return it to keep the fuel savings!!

We also launched a program where you can combine savings such as if you have one reciept with a penny saving, and want to use it with a 10 cent ticket for 11 cents off. However if you don't use the 15 gallons then you're out of luck. The combined tickets only work once, so if you buy eleven gallons too bad. There are signs on every pump.

But once again we have the SC who doesn't read the signs, rather just see that it says "COMBINE YOUR FUEL SAVINGS!" w/o reading anymore.
    So after yelling at the fuel attendant she comes in and demands a manager. She starts bitching her case- "We come here three times a week", "The signs are misleading" "We should get 3.50 back for gas" "This is rediculous". Acutually she had 30 cents off with four gallons left, so she was trying to double it. And she wouldn't stop, so my manager took her name down and made sure she understood the policy.

I hate the high fuel prices because it seems that everyone is trying to rip us off. If it's one qualm I have with SC's is that they'd rather scam a grocery store than pay for gas...how do these people sleep at night?
    --AmericanZero8503--
    Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Blindness and illiteracy abound. Here's an actual conversation I had with a lady:

SC: The copier charged my card 99 cents!
    Me: Did you use the color copier?
    SC: No!
    Me: Which one did you use?
    SC: That one. (points.)
    Me: That's the color copier.
    SC: Well, how was I supposed to know it was a color copier?
    Me: Well, you see that big sign on the wall behind it that says "This color copier costs 99 cents per copy" ?
    SC: No, I was just looking at the machine.
    Me: Ah. There's a smaller sign that says the same thing on the lid.
    SC: The lid was open.
    Me: And one on the front as well.
    SC: I didn't see those, either.
    Me: Well, how about the little one on the card reader? Did you see that one?

At that point, I was doing my level best to grind her nose in her own stupidity as much as possible. She still had the balls to ask for a refund.

Comment

I usually get stuck in the VIP or suite lot at work, which means I have to deal with illiterate fools, they come into VIP with a regular parking pass, and they of course do not read the pass.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Okay...I spoke with the manager about this one. It wasn't a case of not reading the sign, rather that this lady is the ultimate SC. She complains about everything! She tried to return chicken that she bought the night before, stored in the refrigerator, and then ate the next day because it was 'dry'.

My manager took her name and put her on our habitual returners list. The next time she comes in to return stuff I'm supposed to turn her away. Finally my store is not bending over and taking it from customers anymore.
        --AmericanZero8503--
        Telling Stories from the Front Line a.k.a Customer Service at a Grocery Store

Comment

Working...
        X