This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This exactly NOT what you want?

The Idiot Savant - They know nothing about the product they want until you show it to them or explain that it doesn't exist. Then they're suddenly EXPERTS on the subject and CERTAIN that what you've shown them isn't what they want, or what you said doesn't exist really does and you don't know what you're talking about.

Do I have the best example right here, my friends!

I got called to my department (The bakery and the bakery products are at opposite ends of the store, don't ask... ) Because a lady wanted a 4 flavored, pre-sliced cheesecake. I figured "She didn't see it. I'll show it to her."

Oh boy.

I go there and she's holding the box IN HER HANDS. I can tell something's not right. I go up to her anyway and ask what she's looking for. "I'm looking for the 4 flavored pre-sliced cheesecake."
    "You're holding it ma'am."
    "But the box is green!"
    "The box you're holding is green."

Here we go.

"But the flavors were"--and she points at each one displayed on the box!-- "Normal, chocolate, raspberry and Amaretto!"
    "That IS Normal, chocolate, raspberry and Amaretto!"
    "But the one I wanted is pre-sliced!"
    "This cake IS pre-sliced!"
    "But it's not what I want!"

Here's the kicker. When she decides to leave to get the cake elsewhere (Note that this is a Provigo exclusive cake), the co-worker that called for me asked me if I was sure what I was saying. "I've been working here 3 years, I know my cakes!"
    He waited for my Manager's second to come in to ask HIM the same darn thing!

I've got plenty. People here are tards.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

customer's idiocy never ceases to amaze

Comment

that story just made me ::good god i can't even find a smiley to convey it::

OT, I heard we're getting a Cheesecake Factory in our mall and I really want some cherry cheesecake.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        that story just made me ::good god i can't even find a smiley to convey it::

Please edit quotes ~Ree
        It would make me want to go home and til I
        Last edited by Ree; 03-09-2007, 04:49 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

It's customers like that which gave me the idea for my nic on this site.

In the Hardware Store I work in, I occasionally get the customer that while checking out asks "Is this/does this......?" At which point, if I'm not confident in my knowledge of the specific item will offer to call someone up from that department, and the customer invariably says "Oh, I asked him/her". I then reply...."Well, he/she is the one that knows the product. I'm (all together, now) Just a Cashier!"

Mike
          Meow.........

Comment

Just when you think they can't possibly get any dumber, someone proves you wrong.

Comment

Anybody had a question SO DUMB you need to ask someone else because your brain refused to have any part of this charade?

Mine was a girl my age asking "Are there any sunflower seeds in the sunflower seed bread?"

I heard a sharp breaking sound in my skull and ask the manager if indeed, the sunflower seed bread housed sunflower seeds.

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth CherryB View Post
                Just when you think they can't possibly get any dumber, someone proves you wrong.
                Or as I like to put it "God must love idiots, he certainly made a hell of a lot of them."

I think we need to find Uncle Chuck and tell him he's slacking off.

M

Uncle Chuck - Charles Darwin
                I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                  I think we need to find Uncle Chuck and tell him he's slacking off.
                  ............I've never heard it phrased that way. Much love to the phrase and I'm SO stealing it!
                  "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

......Amaretto cheese cake?

Where are you located again?

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                      ......Amaretto cheese cake?

Where are you located again?
                      Gaspé, Quebec. I don't mind saying it because it's a popular tourism spot cuz the guy who discovered Canada landed here, where the museum stands now.

Comment

Heh....
                        I've been to Quebec once. It was like being in another country!

My parents are Canadian and all of my extended family still lives up there, but they're primarily up in Alberta, Seskatchewan, Victoria, and a few stationed in Nunavut with the RCMP. I find it funky that the Plains provinces are very much like the western USA, with the addition of Smarties and Aerobars, but my experience with Quebec was very different. I'm not a French speaker, although it's similar enough to Spanish that I could kind of understand a lot of written stuff.

Comment

where I live we're half french, half english, yet me and my mom are the only two who speak both languages.
                          It's awfully handy in a store I tell you that.

We got english customers destroying the french language but INSISTING in speaking it then gets mad you don't understand (Despite repeatedly offering to speak in english).

No french people murdering english tho. Dun wanna get assimilated.

Comment

I had a moment like that...

SC: "This item says I need to go the the kitchens department to get it.... Where do I need to go to get it?"

me: "..... Kitchens....."

SC: "Oh, ok."

Comment

How about "WHERE'S THE BEER!"
                              When the customer stopped me right in front of the giant WALL OF BEER!!!111one!
                              I
                              point, he looks, chuckles like I'm the idiot and goes "I'm sorry, I meant to say where's the COLD beer."

I point again. the wall of beer is refrigerated.

I got a million.

Comment

Working...
                              X